Girl touching my dd at school

(4 Posts)
Outwiththeold Fri 27-Jun-14 20:03:35

Did has just told me that a friend of hers in her class (Reception) has been pulling down her knickers and rubbing her vulva. It has happened on more than one occasion in the toilets and whilst changing for P.E. She told me that she told the P.E teacher and they didn't do anything. I will be speaking to the class teacher on Monday. I know the mum, should I speak to her too or leave it to the school?

Nyborg Fri 27-Jun-14 20:15:09

No, leave it to the school. If the little girl is behaving I appropriately because of things happening at home, school / SS need to be able to deal with it as 'cleanly' as possible without the waters being muddied by a conversation between you and the child's mother, and whatever the mother might say/do to the child as a consequence.

Also, you may prefer that your daughter's privacy is protected - school needn't tell the child's family which other children were involved.

Nyborg Fri 27-Jun-14 20:15:40

inappropriately, not "I appropriately". Apologies.

odyssey2001 Sun 29-Jun-14 09:15:10

Definitely leave it to the school. Don't get involved but make sure the school does deal with it. If it happens in your home (i.e. on a play date) then you can bring it up with her mother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now