ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Been refunded but found out that goods might now be their way.

(7 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 26-Jun-14 22:13:28

2 weeks ago we ordered World Cup shirts and shirts sets for our ds's from Amazon. They were coming from China (lesson learnt!) and we paid £11 extra for 3 day delivery rather than the standard 3-4 weeks.

1 week later and there was no sign of them. The DHL tracking number that we'd been given wasn't showing any information at all.

I contacted the company via Amazon who reported that the item must have been lost and issued a full refund. Today we've had a couple of email updates from DHL - the parcel seems to have made it out of China to Hong Kong and cleared customs there. I'm guessing this means that they may arrive eventually.

If they do should I own up and pay for the items or keep quiet? I am not willing to pay for return postage to china. Since receiving the refund, we have purchased similar items from a UK based company.

Optimist1 Thu 26-Jun-14 22:21:02

If and when they arrive ask Amazon what they'd like you to do with them (without having to pay postage). I wouldn't be surprised if they said you could keep them. Fairly time-sensitive merchandise, after all!

Optimist1 Thu 26-Jun-14 22:21:22

If and when they arrive ask Amazon what they'd like you to do with them (without having to pay postage). I wouldn't be surprised if they said you could keep them. Fairly time-sensitive merchandise, after all!

Optimist1 Thu 26-Jun-14 22:21:28

Optimist1 Thu 26-Jun-14 22:22:25

(Obviously I wouldn't do it three times! angry )

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 26-Jun-14 22:34:44

Good plan. Thanks.

Most other things I'd be happy to wait for but like you say these are time sensitive and as we've now got others I don't want to end out forking out anything for these ones.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 30-Jun-14 11:27:51

Well they've finally arrived! 3 weeks after ordering them and paying for 2-3 day delivery.

I did as you suggested optimist and amazon forwarded my query to the company in china who do not want me to return the goods, just alter the negative feedback that I'd left on amazon. I have done this, but now feel a bit guilty at getting the goods for free! I would never have bought our ds's 2 sets though, so I have spent what I had planned to but ended up with 2 lots of clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now