This is pathetic but wwyd? Man on my bus.

(6 Posts)
ThrowItAway Tue 17-Jun-14 22:40:04

Slight backstory - I get the same bus at the same time every day, across my city to work. I recently noticed a man who also gets the same buses, who seems to look at me a lot .. (Um, to be fair, I may have been looking first. Just a little bit.) We have exchanged glances, smiles and a brief moan about the British weather. Since I've noticed him looking for/at me, catching me looking and grinning etc I've gone from normally functioning human being to all dry-mouth, heart pounding full on crushing. I feel like an utter utter twat grin

Now I just kind of scuttle off the bus in case I get the urge to talk to him (far too embarrassing), when he does smile I go all weird and do this awkward robot grin so he probably thinks I'm a freak.

I have no idea if he's just looking at me to see if I'm looking at him, if he's looking because he thinks I'm stunningly attractive (v doubtful at 7am), if he's terrified of me so checking where I am so he can run in the opposite direction, but all the glances and smiles are Doing My Head In.

WWYD? Would you ignore? Make conversation to make it less awkward? Hijack the bus and refuse to release the passengers until he explains why he keeps smiling at me?

I'm crap at this stuff. WWY, a normal human, D?

JennyOnTheBlocks Tue 17-Jun-14 22:45:08

You know that conversation about the weather? Just carry it on, see what happens. He might be just a genuinely friendly chap who sees you every day and now mystified as to why you've stopped talking, or if might be waiting to see if you're interested in him. You might end up with a wonderful but platonic relationship,you might talk to him and realise he's a twat.

But asking us won't find that out for you. . . Good luck

ThrowItAway Thu 26-Jun-14 21:03:07

jenny Very true! Well, the grinning etc kind of intensified, but I couldn't find any way to start a conversation without feeling like an idiot,
despite being close enough to jump him <ahem> catch his attention for a chat a couple of times. Just got too nervous that I'd come across as a stalky freak.

Now the last couple of days he hasn't been on the bus at all so I've probably missed my chance. Should have said something! <bashes head on bus window repeatedly>

loopylady83 Sat 05-Jul-14 19:27:15

if u see him on the bus again just say morning to him and see what happens

FatalCabbage Sat 05-Jul-14 19:32:58

Do you live somewhere that gives out the Metro paper in the mornings? They do a section where people write in to their commuter crush.

eg

To the guy in the Superdry anorak on the 93 at 7.45... Coffee some time? From the girl with the red umbrella.

EurotrashGirl Sat 05-Jul-14 19:39:54

Say hello when you see him smiling at you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now