Men who s*** in the woods (excuse the gross subject matter)

(15 Posts)
Outofnappies Sun 15-Jun-14 20:23:59

We live in a quiet cul de sac around a pretty little wood (about 300metres squared, small). Lots of young children play round and in the woods, people walk their dogs there, some don't pick up, that's another issue. This week my friend actually saw a guy squatting in the woods relieving himself, not even off the beaten track. I am so disgusted. It is a quiet place for people to hang out and yes I have seen guys sitting on the bench drinking beer, that's not a crime, but poohing?? That is just so gross. I honestly have completely changed my mind about letting my children run around in there. There were rumours earlier this year but this is the first "witnessing". I am going to ring the council tomorrow (or rather comune, we live in Belgium) but I am wondering what they could do? WWYD? Is it a crime? A public health hazard?It would be hard to control I guess.

JokersGiggle Sun 15-Jun-14 21:08:50

oh my God! That's grim. I think its a crime (but i'm in England). I'd keep your children away from there just to be safe, dog poop is one thing, human poop is another.

notnowImreading Sun 15-Jun-14 21:13:03

Was the man, by any chance, the Pope?

KaFayOLay Sun 15-Jun-14 21:14:20

We had this where I live. Even more gross, my dog decided said shit would make a tasty snack shock

We informed the police and they sent the PCSO's for regular walks in there. The undesirables did move on and years later don't seem to have found their way back.

LittleMisslikestobebythesea Sun 15-Jun-14 21:16:00

shock

That is disgusting, I would report it, don't know if there is anything they can do, but no harm in trying.

MargotLovedTom Sun 15-Jun-14 21:21:42

Blimey from the thread title I didn't know if it was going to be shitting or shagging and I don't know which would be worse!

You have to report it. It's foul.

Outofnappies Mon 16-Jun-14 20:12:08

Thank you for your responses, no I'm afraid it wasn't the pope, p that made me laugh! I reported it today to the commune, turns out it's against some public rules, as you might expect, not sure if they are laws or not, now we'll see if they actually do anything about it. Last year they removed a little swing a family had hung from one of the trees, so we were a bit sad about that, but now look what the wood has become - a public toilet. Euggghh.

headinhands Mon 16-Jun-14 20:22:22

Out of interest (I'm well weird) is human poo as toxic/harmful to us as dog poo?

JokersGiggle Mon 16-Jun-14 21:06:05

I think its more harmful.

neiljames77 Mon 16-Jun-14 21:09:17

The Belgians do eat an awful lot of chocolate though.

JokersGiggle Mon 16-Jun-14 21:44:44

HAHA good point

Outofnappies Mon 16-Jun-14 21:56:16

Well it's toxic to dogs then...!

JayBat Sat 09-Aug-14 15:16:22

We have a woods we often walk the dogs at And a couple of times now One of them has eaten human poo there. Once she carried it around proudly and I had to get it off her. Gross.

Panwearsamagicjersey Sat 09-Aug-14 15:20:59

It would have been a bear dressed as a man.

Shroomboom Fri 15-Aug-14 16:20:56

Outofnappies, if you come back to this thread I'd be interested to know where it is that this happened? We are in Belgium too, and a few weeks ago, just about to set off on holiday, we stopped at a service station and ds went up into some woods at the top of a slope. Dh followed him, and on the way back realised he'd trodden in human poo shock
We were truly disgusted, and it got worse as dh tried to get it off as somehow he got it on his hands and it ended up all over his clothes too sad
Thank god for Dettol Wipes...
I can't believe anyone would do this, it is just revolting angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now