should i move home?

(3 Posts)
jules2106 Wed 21-May-14 16:02:03

hi there,felt i needed to post something as feeling so sad recently&need to get it off my chest!ive lived in north west England for 10 yrs after moving from north Scotland for work following uni.i have a partner&two children aged 3yrs&3mths
i kind of grew apart from my mum for some years but since having kids we have become closer.i only see her 3 or 4 times a year but we talk lots on phone (no skype as she doesn't know how!).since i had my second,ive really missed my mum&feel so sad that we live so far apart.ds loves her to bits&they have a great time when together.i see other girls with their babies&mums at the park or whatever&it makes me feel really lonely&sorry for myself!
i feel i would move back in a shot but my partner has a good job here&isn't as keen to move home.his family are in Ireland so we've no family closeby.
my dd is 12wks now&i can't shake these feelings.im not suffering depression or anything&delighted with my little family,just feeling i want my mum!!anyone else in this situation?

Misfitless Wed 21-May-14 18:28:15

Oh jules, sounds tough!

I can't see how you can move back to Scotland if your DH isn't
on board with the idea, tbh.

Does he like the area where your mum lives? Do they get on?

If the answers to the above are yes, maybe you could try and get him to see the benefits of moving home? If your mum is hands on, there will be great benefits to being near her - babysitting, your children having closer relationships and regular contact with their grandma to name only two.

If you're going to do it, now is probably the optimum time, or certainly before your DCs start school. Plenty of people move when their DCs are at school, of course, but if it were me, and at all possible, I'd definitely want to move nearer family ^preferably before any of my DCs were settled in school.

Good luck.

jules2106 Wed 21-May-14 19:50:26

thanks misfitless,i know what u mean about moving when they're younger.Will maybe chat to partner again&let him know how i feel but i suppose i need to think about what's best for us all& job opportunities etc come into it.partner does get on with mum yeah,but think he's afraid of a move,i guess cos that's not home to him so it like starting all over again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now