Most random question ever! how do I stop my 1 year old rocking their cot?!

(10 Posts)
kayleigh2304 Tue 13-May-14 22:48:30

I have searched the internet and cannot find anything, my one year old son is going to make me insane hahaha! He stands up & rocks his cot! I'm not kidding it sounds like an elephant jumping in my bedroom! He has started waking up at crazy times, I want to leave him to get him back in his routine, but he rocks his cot! He like stands up and pushes the side and it tips then slams on the floor. My neighbours must be able to hear it because I can hear it all over my house, I have tries putting a rug and other things under it to cushion it but no joy! My neighbors have recently started being realy noisy at night, slamming doors doing d.i.y and I think its because my baby is waking them up, they probably think its me banging, even my babys dad asked me what I was doing hahaha!
Another point id like to make is one of my neighbours, I think is an alcoholic. She is really scary when she's drunk, which is every day, I have heard her kicking off a good few times. I don't want her coming around while she's like that kicking off!
Also my baby cant walk yet so I cant put him in a bed, he is 12 months but looks like he will be walking anytime in the next few days.
Thanks guys xxx

AnyaKnowIt Tue 13-May-14 22:50:53

Why can't he go in a bed? Put a bed guard up

McPhee Tue 13-May-14 22:53:30

Ok, that sounds seriously dangerous.

How on earth is he able to tip the cot over shock Mine's a two man job just to move it.

TheWorldAccordingToJC Tue 13-May-14 22:56:08

Buy a much heavier cot.

Pop him in a bed with a rail.

There's two options

Dwerf Tue 13-May-14 23:01:51

Put him in a bed, stick the cot mattress on the floor next to the bed if you haven't got a guard.

My neighbours have a child with a similar problem, he rocks his bed. I don't think his parents know (or possibly they don't care, we don't get on) how loud it is on this side of the wall. Imagine a rhythmic thumping, for an hour at a time, at two or three am, loud enough to wake up an entire house. It's enough to make you murderous.

kayleigh2304 Tue 13-May-14 23:10:07

Haha dont worry everyone he doesn't rock it so it nearlyy tips 2 legs litliterally lift about 2 inches off the floor but he like slams it back on the floor which makes the banging, I was kinda worrying about a bed even with a rail, he loves climbing an hasn't realises how to get on and off things yet he tries to throw himself off everything, typical boy! The cot is really heavy too so I don't get how he does it! Feel like the sound of the banging is now constantly ringing in my ears hahaha

AnyaKnowIt Tue 13-May-14 23:12:53

All the more reason to put him in a bed. And make sure all units are fixed to the walk if he is a climber.

Dwerf Tue 13-May-14 23:21:38

The climbing and rocking would worry me more than putting him in a bed. It's a longer fall to the floor over a cotside, or even a guard (hence me suggesting you use the cot mattress as a crashmat)

Three of mine were in a bed about that age, climbers, all three. I'm sure they are part mountain goat.

nefnaf Mon 09-Jun-14 22:08:40

how about a bed like this one? I'm about to get one for my DS2 who does exactly the same thing.

Billynomates71 Fri 13-Jun-14 07:37:37

My brother used to do this (he's 48 now). My mum had to resort to getting two second hand mattresses and folding/wedging them at either end of the cot to stop him. He used to be able to bang the cot from one side of the room to the other until it was banging on the wall.

I would get help for him. My db was diagnosed with hyperactivity eventually and his disturbed sleep patterns lasted into his late teens. Not wanting to depress you. Hyperactivity was virtually unheard of 46years ago, and today there has been so much research done -we know so much more.

My db is bipolar today. Seek professional advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now