What would you do... to get over a MASSIVE crush on someone?

(6 Posts)
discophile Sun 11-May-14 13:34:11

I have a massive, massive crush on someone I work with. I am single. I think he may be single but don't know for sure. The point is that I behave like an absolute IDIOT every time I speak to him, look at him, go near him, etc. I have to find a way to "take back my power" if you see what I mean. This crush/lust/love is causing me problems. I have to find a way of dealing with it.

Should I tell him?????

Do I have to wait for it to pass????

wtf???

EdithWeston Sun 11-May-14 13:40:10

No, don't tell him!

Yes, you have to wait for it to pass.

In the workplace, it's a little tricky, as you may have to deal with the person and the consequences of making a fool of yourself can be long-lasting. OTOH, if you can establish for sure that he is single/unattached, and providing he's not your direct boss (for some companies have rules about relationships in the management chain to avoid the potential for nepotism) then other possibilities open up.

discophile Sun 11-May-14 13:47:34

Why not tell him?

discophile Sun 11-May-14 13:48:22

I mean, the thing is, he's probably guessed so maybe it's better out in the open.

EdithWeston Sun 11-May-14 14:09:55

If you're pretty sure he's guessed, and has not made a move on you, then it means he's not interested. So I can't see any benefit in being explicit and can see potential for embarrassment.

discophile Sun 11-May-14 14:12:48

Well, yes, that's a good point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now