delicate situation

(6 Posts)
namechangedtoprotect Thu 01-May-14 11:12:30

I need some advice please

I used to have a friend, we used to be close - had a arguement and now we don't speak. But I am still friends with her and her husband on facebook.

I don't go on facebook much and certianly don't notice much of what goes on with this person as the friendship is no more.

I saw today that her husband is in a relationship with another women. (As in mr xxx is in a relationship with miss xxx)

Would you contact your ex friend and make sure she was ok? Is that a bad idea considering I know nothing of the situation, or what the status is and she has made it clear she wants nothing to do with me? I still care about her but I guess this could be seen as very instrusive. She hasn't contacted me for a long time, including not over birthdays or christmas.

I think the risk of it appearing intrusive - or nosy, or just plain gloating - is too high if she doesn't count you as a friend any more.

WowOoo Thu 01-May-14 12:42:39

I wouldn't get in touch either... No matter how much I wanted to know what had happened.

Clarabum Thu 01-May-14 12:51:07

I'd leave it. If she's made it clear the friendship is over and has not made any contact then I think that speaks plainly enough.

DarkHeart Sat 03-May-14 15:51:37

She clearly does not want to be your friend so why would you contact her??? Even if she is not ok I doubt after cutting contact with you she will want to open up to you.

meditrina Sat 03-May-14 16:09:01

"she has made it clear she wants nothing to do with me"

So no, don't contact her. You could instead ask him, or mutual friends (the later in conversation, not on FB as you say you rarely use it and soot would look too pointed). If those are non-starters too, then you will jus have to come to turns with your curiosity bengi left unsatisfied.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now