Working mom V/S SAHM

(1 Post)
Ann1234 Tue 29-Apr-14 17:26:04

Hi Mommies,
I am a first time mom. I delivered a baby gal in Jan (2014).
We are in States on Work visa .
My husband is doing MS too which will go on till mid of 2015.Je is doing a hybrid course. 3 days a month he has to travel for his classes and rest of the days its a online course.
Until May first week , my parents will be with us and their help was a great help.
They used to take care of baby , cooking and cleaning too.
So, basically it was easy for us to go to work and also for my hubby to focus on MS .
We have found a nanny and we need to pick and drop our baby to her house daily.
My question is , i am confused if its a good idea to be a SAHm mom or working mom?
I do not enjoy taking care of baby whole day . At the same time , the whole process of
having sleepless night with baby ,going to work, dropping and picking her to nanny's ,evening chores,
makes me feel its better to be a SAHM.
Since I am on work visa, I cannot take a break for short time , as my visa doesnt allow me to do so.
All I can do is to quit the job and SAH for few years.
Do you think its easy to manage on a single income? My husband earns decently and our basic needs will
be taken care of without any issue.
Please let me know experiences of mommies who became a SAHm from working mom.
Anybody have quit their job with H1 visa and became a SAHM .. Please share your experiences !!

Thanks..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now