Changing Schools

(6 Posts)
CarCiKoTab Tue 29-Apr-14 11:23:56

Hello all, I'm in a bit of a pickle. Nursery admissions have come back and my youngest son has been accepted for both schools. My eldest is already at one of them but, I prefer the other one. Now when my eldest went through the nursery admissions he also got accepted at the school I prefer now but, at that time it was more convenient for me to accept the one that was closest due to not been able to drive. Now I am driving I'm considering accepting the offer of the other one but transferring my eldest to the same school what would you do? Have you ever changed your child's school due to preference?

Just to give you a better idea my eldest is 6 and hasn't quite settled into 'Groups of friends' yet.

Any advice greatly appreciated

alita7 Wed 30-Apr-14 23:00:49

I would get advice on If they'd let you transfer him now, all the spaces could have been taken.

tethersend Wed 30-Apr-14 23:02:39

What year is your eldest in?

tethersend Wed 30-Apr-14 23:03:25

I wouldn't transfer the eldest now, as the youngest might not get a place.

frillysockmum Wed 30-Apr-14 23:04:26

Surely the youngest may not get into reception though?

meditrina Wed 30-Apr-14 23:09:16

You need to look carefully at the criteria for reception class entry.

Unless it says explicitly that there is priority for children already attending the nursery, then there is none. Moving your elder DC to a school that your younger one then does not secure a reception offer for would be the worst of all worlds. So take a very careful look at how well you fit the reception entrance criteria.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now