found a condom in my boyfriends wallet

(11 Posts)
angel2014 Sun 27-Apr-14 22:39:24

please please somone give me there opinions im so upset. on moday morning i was getting dressed and my 1 year old was running around playing i went into my room and on walking back out i noticed that my 1 year old had hold of my boyfriends wallet and was pulling everything out along with everything that came out was a condom needless to say my heart fell on the floor we are together a little over 3 years we have been blissfully happy and have a beautifull boy we never argue and get on so well he has always been loving and caring , when confronted he said it was in his wallet for years and he had forgotton about it but the only thing is i have been to his wallet lots of times and never found it he said it was tucked into a pouch that id never been into but im nearly sure it was never there before the expiry date was febuary 2014 we are now not talking as i think i want to end the relationship im hurting so bad inside he said i should be trusting of him and know that he wouldnt cheat please give me some advice as i have no where to turn .

Sleepyhoglet Sun 27-Apr-14 22:40:10

It doesn't have to mean anything

MuttonCadet Sun 27-Apr-14 22:42:42

With a date of Feb 2014 I think it probably had been there years. If you have no other reason to doubt him then I'd forget it.

Rumplestiltskinismyname Sun 27-Apr-14 22:43:50

If the expiry date was 2014- it is likely to be a pretty old condom as they do have a fairly long shelf life. Is there any other reason that you may be suspicious?

gamerchick Sun 27-Apr-14 22:48:20

It's an old condom if it's already expired. Just chuck it and don't give it another thought. Those things last a few years.

ToAvoidConversation Sun 27-Apr-14 22:49:09

Are condom dates not like 5 years long? That's an old one. I've been with DH for years but I have a condom in my bag currently... There is a genuine reason for it that doesn't involve him, nothing dodgy grin

angel2014 Sun 27-Apr-14 22:51:21

the thing that is sticking out in my head is we went to america last year and i remember him cleaning out his wallet he said he didnt go thriugh that pouch at the time i have always put little notes in it for him to find from time to time just little i love yous and just cant help thinking i would have come across it my world is upsidde down at the moment and i feel very low

Rumplestiltskinismyname Sun 27-Apr-14 22:57:26

I think unless you have something else to go on... Then this is something that you may have to take his word on. As everyone has said- this condom is likely to be years old. Probably even predating your American trip.

sykadelic Fri 02-May-14 03:48:55

I found a thread from November 2011 with condoms dated 2015. She asked people to check theirs so she could confirm the expiration date.

In that case a woman bought some in Oct 2011 and they expired Feb 2015.

Based on that alone that condom is OLD. At least 4 years.

gamerchick Fri 02-May-14 06:30:40

It sounds as if you are looking for an excuse to end the relationship.

You don't need an excuse to do that.. If it's not working then just end it.

Forlornhope Fri 02-May-14 06:32:27

Er.... Speak to him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now