Dead mouse in the toys - aghh!

(4 Posts)
Mummypeach Sun 13-Apr-14 21:44:37

So, I'm cleaning out the toy basket Sunday night (I know, Rock& Roll) and I smell this funky smell coming about half way down. We've got mice so I'm worried to dig any deeper and call OH over. A few toy shuffles later and sure enough he uncovers a dessicated, shriveled dead mouse amongst the toys. The worst thing is that it's obviously been there a while because bodily liquids have leaked onto some things. We threw out the obvious victims that had been leaked on. For the plastic and even wooden toys, I put them through a boiling water & bleach bath and a hot wash in the washing machine for the stuffed animals. We're even taking Ballet Barbie's dress to the dry cleaners - no joke - and gave all the Barbie type dolls a good bleach wipe down.

Is this enough??

I'm especially worried because we've had pest control in and the mice are obviously eating the poison and don't want any nasties passed on to my babes.

What would you do??

That will be adequate cleaning, if the soft toys have been through at at least 50 degrees.

ivykaty44 Sun 13-Apr-14 21:59:38

Peanut butter traps are apparently amazing

CuntyBunty Sun 13-Apr-14 22:01:08

That's a pain. Our cat has peed in a fucking huge tub of lego on more than one occasion. My sympathies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now