What would you sing if auditioning for The Voice?

(8 Posts)
peacefuleasyfeeling Fri 11-Apr-14 20:28:52

I was discussing this with friends the other day: what song would you choose to sing if auditioning for something like The Voice or The X Factor? Part tongue in cheek, part in earnest; what would suit you as a person and suit your voice and style of delivery? What song would make you sit up and pay attention (in a good way grin ) if performed by a hopeful contestant? I couldn't think of a suitable song for me, but would enjoy hearing what others might get up to on their imaginary audition.

EatShitDerek Fri 11-Apr-14 20:31:36

Smack Ma Bitch Up. Obviously a capella style.

Or even Barbie Girl in opera style.

shakinstevenslovechild Fri 11-Apr-14 20:31:38

I would sing my usual karaoke number 500 miles, I can't sing for toffee, but it is impossible to sing it badly grin

EatShitDerek Fri 11-Apr-14 20:32:33

I can't carry a note in a bucket so there isn't a song I could pass of without making peoples ears bleed.

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Fri 11-Apr-14 20:35:24

In my car I'm quite good at most things but maybe some Shania twain or that nice googoo dolls song.

Unfortunately I've never sung outside of my car and I don't think Kylie would be in the backseat.

Dillydollydaydream Fri 11-Apr-14 20:37:00

We are young. Fun.

peacefuleasyfeeling Sat 12-Apr-14 20:20:56

Hmm, well, I found an old compilation CD this morning which I'd optimistically at some point decided to call "Open, Cervix!" full of great belt-it-out tunes, and decided I might audition with Into The Mystic by Van Morrison. Tom would have me.

elQuintoConyo Sat 12-Apr-14 20:38:19

Do you mean that great Prodigy classic Snap My Picture EatShitDerek ?

Mine would probably be Flertwood Mac's Albatross.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now