How to store cows milk overnight

(11 Posts)
kayleigh2304 Tue 08-Apr-14 22:44:30

Hello everyone!
My little boy will be 1 next week, we have started cows milk today, it is something I have been dreading as my LB wakes for 3 bottle's a night! I usually go to bed at 1 & make up 3 9oz bottles so they are boiling hot, he usually has woke to drink them before they have gone cool. (I know your not supposed to do this, but I have been doing this since he was 2 months old as he was waking 8 times a night, he has never been sick in his life)
So now im dreading tonight, as I am going to be having to go up & down warming cows milk bottles up while listening to a screaming inpatient baby. You might think I am lazy making an issue over this, but since I had my baby I have been really unwell, back an forward the doctors, feel tired and drained constantly so every second of sleep counts, as my baby is hyper. (Hopefully I will be better soon! Booked in for an ultrasound on my cervix! Hopefully it's nothing bad!)
What do you all do when it comes to cows milk? I know milk spoils so quick, so wouldn't risk my baby getting sick because of my problems. I have a thermal bottle bag, can I put 2 in cold? Would they be okay?
Thanks in advance everyone xxx

MissHobart Wed 09-Apr-14 13:37:47

Does it need to be warm?! I don't have kids so don't know! I assumed by 1 and on cows milk it'd be fine cold from the fridge? confused

starfishmummy Wed 09-Apr-14 13:56:17

I would stick his bottles in a cold bag with the frozen inserts. Drinking it cold isnt going to hurt. But things have changed since dc was 1...

brettgirl2 Wed 09-Apr-14 18:16:36

omg you must be exhausted. Have you tried cutting this out?

FernieB Wed 09-Apr-14 22:29:00

It's a long time since mine were that age but they were sleeping through from 5 months old. Is your son eating enough during the day so he's full enough to sleep through? At 1 I would have thought he shouldn't really be waking to feed.

I threw away bottles when mine moved to cows milk at 11 months. They had sippy cups from then. I never warmed cows milk for them.

FernieB Wed 09-Apr-14 22:31:11

Also - hope everything goes well for you and you feel better soon.thanks

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 09-Apr-14 22:33:31

Tbh I'd try and deal with the sleeping before you switch to cows milk. Only for the very reason that u can keep carts and sterile bottles in your room or a bottle of cooled boiled water , tubs of powder all measured out and a thermos flask of hot water to make up the bottles.

How's his eating in the day? Is all this milk stopping him from eating enough?

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 09-Apr-14 22:34:04

Cartons

whattoWHO Wed 09-Apr-14 22:34:05

I would have thought a thermal bag would do the trick.
Can you try to reduce the night bottles? Or maybe replace 1 with water as a step towards cutting out the night feeds?

WestieMamma Fri 11-Apr-14 08:30:51

My DS is 1 next week too. He has 4 x 7 oz bottles in the day and 3 meals. He hasn't had night milk since he went to solids. They don't need it if they're getting enough during the day.

WestieMamma Fri 11-Apr-14 08:30:52

My DS is 1 next week too. He has 4 x 7 oz bottles in the day and 3 meals. He hasn't had night milk since he went to solids. They don't need it if they're getting enough during the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now