Confused! Stuck at 2 vs 3 children decision and have a child with cancer

(2 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ekkiethump Thu 13-Mar-14 20:30:04

I know this has been posted a million times before but it is taking over my mind.
We have 2 children DS 4.5 and DD 2.5. dD has leukaemia and we are currently undergoing chemo treatment which will be another 20 months.
My Dh and I were perfectly happy with 2 children until our dd was diagnosed and now we go round and round in circles.
We both secretly would love 3 children and although prognosis for dd is very good we do have to face possibility of losing her. I can't bear thought of only having 1 child and think it would be horrific for our DS to suddenly become an only child but at the same time it is SO SO hard sometimes with hospitals and chemo don't know how we would cope with 3.
If all turns out well with dd then think I would be happy with 2 ( but would always wonder about the 3rd but I would survive)
Things like financial strains, less time for ourselves, just generally coping worry me with having 3 but what if something happens ...
Can u see why we are going round and round?
Just wondering if someone might throw a different angle on this that might help us or even been through the same.

MrsLel Sat 12-Apr-14 03:50:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Apr-14 21:17:00

Hello OP

We're so sorry to hear about your daughter's illness.

We've moved this to our 'What Would You Do?' topic now - hope you get some good input.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now