Or what would you have said?

(7 Posts)
steppemum Mon 03-Mar-14 13:09:01

no I probably wouldn't have said it. But I might have commented to mother.
In the end British politeness would probably take over grin

humha Sun 02-Mar-14 23:38:03

Thanks everyone. Great steppe, not bei g sarcastic in any way but would you really have said that? Would you not have been afraid that it could turn into a real confrontation (his mother steps out of the shadows "now look here" & all that) I just felt so awkward. What's the bloody matter with me?

steppemum Sun 02-Mar-14 23:31:48

response

That is none of your business, but you are obviously being brought up to be very rude.

humha Sun 02-Mar-14 23:30:01

I can me never think of a brilliant put down so I just stood gaping but feeling very self-conscious

He ran off giggling. I just thought I'd have been very disappointed if either of my children said anything g like that to a complete strAnger. I think his mother heard him because she wAsn't far away.

VoyageDeVerity Sun 02-Mar-14 23:17:48

What a little shit

morethanpotatoprints Sun 02-Mar-14 23:16:46

Did you trip the little cunt up, or push him down the stairs.

I'd have asked him he he was a rude arrogant stuck up twat, but that's me grin

humha Sun 02-Mar-14 23:12:29

We were viewing a house yesterday. Two grandchildren arrived while we were upstairs. OH was talking to grandad upstairs, grandma had gone back into bathroom. I was alone on the stairs. Grandson, about 8yo comes up & asks
"are you going to buy this house?" (Loud, confident RP voice.)
Me: "Erm, well .... we need to buy a house in this area so ..."
Him: "are you poor?" (Heavy emphasis & disdain on the word poor)
I was a bit shock

Apologies for the random punctuation but on phone & wondered what your thoughts were?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now