Jealous dad! What would you do?

(2 Posts)
Popplecake Thu 27-Feb-14 19:42:57

My grandfather recently passed away and left everything to my uncle - who has 3 other siblings. My grandfather left unofficial instructions for my uncle to pass out his inheritance.

My uncle recently gave me a small portion of the inheritance (£8,000), but hasn't given my dad any of it. This has made my dad really attitudey with me and I keep getting snarky comments about "how rich I am". My dad earns £40k per year and has about £300,000 in pensions and a paid off house. I earn £15k a year, have small savings and rent! I think he is now going to leave all his estate to his equally wealthy girlfriend (who he says he doesn't love) out of jealousy and spite (I really don't care about this part though - I don't want any of his things).

Any ideas about how to deal with his attitude problem? At the moment he is making me really cross and I just want nothing more to do with him!

DontWannaBeObamasElf Fri 28-Feb-14 11:12:33

You didn't ask for the money, it was gifted to you. If he has a problem he should take it up with your uncle.

Can you ask your uncle to speak to him and explain his reasons for giving you money and not your dad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now