Roving Eyes

(7 Posts)
Cascumpec Wed 26-Feb-14 14:59:51

I have a new line manager, he has been in post for 4 months. Very nice chap, however, he has a habit of directing most conversations to my chest (he has a preference for my left tit). I have mentioned this quietly to some of the other ladies here who confirm that he does it to them too.

WWYD? Should I make a joke of it, haha, my face is up here or ignore it. Should I mention it further up the chain to the bigger boss? It is very disconcerting and creeps us out.

ClaraFox Wed 26-Feb-14 15:07:35

Cross your arms across your chest every time he does it.

And bear in mind that he may not actually be conscious of the fact he's doing it! Although I'm not entirely sure that that's the case

Cascumpec Wed 26-Feb-14 15:25:06

I am sure he really and truly thinks he's being discrete, but is actually painfully obvious. He's in a meeting now, but when he comes back and starts telling lefty all about the proceedings I'll give that arm crossing tip a go!

LurcioLovesFrankie Wed 26-Feb-14 15:31:52

You could try the approach a temp in our office used when a bloke stared at her tits instead of her face while asking a question: "I don't know why you're asking them, they don't know the answer."

He didn't do it again!

slug Wed 26-Feb-14 16:22:07

Print a picture of your eyes landscape on some A4 paper, or just blow up a picture and photocopy it. Whip it out and put it in front of our chest when he starts talking to your tits.

Carry a folder then when he looks you put it in front of your chest and give him a hard stare

anothermrssmith Thu 27-Feb-14 17:10:10

Not in a work situation but when this happened to me once I responded by crouching down and answering his crotch. He was mortified.

A loud 'eyes up here' should do the trick,then reporting further up the management chain if not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now