Unwanted kissing

(7 Posts)
Mrsdave76 Tue 14-Jan-14 20:16:55

My 7 year old daughter has just informed me that last summer whilst playing outside with her friends one of the girls who is aged about 9 years old started kissing my daughter in the mouth saying they were playing a boyfriend girlfriend game. My daughter told me that she told her to stop but she kept doing it. My daughter hasn't had any contact with her since. She just kept saying she didn't want to go out and play. Now I know why. I've explained to her if anyone tries to make her do anything that she doesn't want to then she must refuse and come and tell me. I've also explained to her that that kind of behaviour was wrong of that girl. My daughter also told me that was all that she did. No sexual touching or anything. My question is do I do any more about this?
I've never spoken to the girls parents before and don't know them and I haven't seen the girl in question playing out for a good six months.
My daughter will no longer be playing with this child for certain.

ChoudeBruxelles Tue 14-Jan-14 20:22:04

Do what? You haven't seen her for six months.

LunchLadyWannabe Tue 14-Jan-14 20:42:12

Its very common for children to kiss other children of the same sex

Lettucesnow Tue 14-Jan-14 21:04:27

Children experiment. If your daughter has the confidence to be able to say " I don't like this, stop doing it" that would be helpful and a well learned life skill.

I wouldn't be harsh on the other girl, poor love.

Mrsdave76 Tue 14-Jan-14 21:11:24

Yes but shouldn't my daughter be able to go out and play without being harassed by this girl and does she also need to know that it was wrong of her to do it when she was told no!!

Lettucesnow Tue 14-Jan-14 21:19:45

Yes. All children should be able to play and be happy. But unpleasant things happen and the coping skills they learn from these episodes are invaluable.

monkina Tue 14-Jan-14 23:21:07

If your daughter was actually being 'harassed' by this girl as you describe, then maybe you would have to tackle the situation somehow, but you said yourself that you haven't seen the girl in question 'playing out for a good six months' ?.....if that's the case I would not spend any more time worrying about it.

As others have said, kids experiment, it was just a game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now