Marriage dilemma, need advice

(4 Posts)
Nalanoo Tue 14-Jan-14 13:43:24

I am happily married with 2 gorgeous children. Great hubby, house, job etc couldn't be more perfect except I just yearn so much for another baby. I feel selfish but the feeling never goes away, it's on my mind always. OH is adamant we are not having anymore. How do I get past this selfish longing. I feel so guilty. My family are everything to me so why can't I be content with what I have? hmm

Nalanoo Tue 14-Jan-14 13:45:22

Meant to say, there is no compromise on this with hubby it's impossible situation. I love him dearly but don't want to resent him in the future. Has anyone else experienced this?

JainaProudmoore Tue 14-Jan-14 20:16:52

Having another baby is obviously a decision that both of you need to consent to, but please don't feel guilty!
It is completely natural to feel broody. Just because you feel like this it doesn't mean that you don't appreciate the family you have now smile

WarmFuzzyFuture Tue 14-Jan-14 20:31:35

You might not feel like this forever. It may dissipate over time.

Or/and imagine if you had another baby and you developed serious health problems which changed your existing life and made it difficult to enjoy/look after a baby/toddler. Don't let your wishful thinking go unchallenged, throw a spanner in the works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now