Chocoholics

(10 Posts)
Newmomontheblock Mon 06-Jan-14 14:48:54

Nice. I'll try that urigeller. Will update u on how that works out

UriGeller Mon 06-Jan-14 14:33:25

Buy the 85 percent stuff (Tesco do one that is nicer than 'posh' chocolate)

Yes it's acquired taste but you need less of it and you still get the hit. Its positively bursting with healthy stuff too.

Newmomontheblock Mon 06-Jan-14 14:24:19

I even bought belvita cocoa flavour trying to reduce some guilt. But chocolate is chocolate.

Tried the healthy options but then after being healthy I still crave for chocolate. Luckily don't eat whole bar it's little by little. But the craving remains.

Newmomontheblock Mon 06-Jan-14 14:21:49

I know the feeling robinsparkles I go through the same. If it's not at home I am hunting high and low hoping I find some, it is that bad ����

If I shop I buy chocolate no matter how much I resist. Unless I stop shopping I can't help buying chocolate.

I was thinking I should impose self penalty for every chocolate I eat I should penalise with some money then either I'll save loads or stop eating chocolate

ChaffinchOfDoom Mon 06-Jan-14 14:21:18

<eats large bar of rice-crispie containing choc> grin

ChaffinchOfDoom Mon 06-Jan-14 14:20:14

you can clean floss and thoroughly mouthwash your mouth half hour after dinner, and therefore reduce evening consumption..

it is a psychological battle - imagine those greasy lipid molecules and agree, don't buy any so it's a real chore to get some. stock up on luxury berries /yogurts instead

CluelessNewbie1 Mon 06-Jan-14 14:19:44

Could you break the chocolate into cubes and freeze it so that you have to suck each bit for longer, it might satisfy your craving without eating a whole bar? It might taste cack though, I've never tried it!

RobinSparkles Mon 06-Jan-14 14:17:43

Watching with interest.

I eat chocolate like other people drink wine. For eg, if I've had a bad day I need some chocolate. I eat it daily and feel like I need it. If I don't have any I want it so bad that I can taste it.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 06-Jan-14 14:15:10

no helpful suggestions I refuse to give up chocolate as I am no quitter!

could you just not buy chocolate? I eat more if its lying around at home.

Newmomontheblock Mon 06-Jan-14 14:14:03

Any suggestions to get rid of chocolate cravings. I have to have my chocolates or I feel like I am draining. I know it's all in the mind but any advise, tricks, suggestions will help to reduce and ultimately finish the chocolate addictions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now