School bully on Facebook

(4 Posts)
GoodnessKnows Sat 04-Jan-14 07:15:50

I've a bit of insomnia at the moment and have been lying awake with MN, FB and google for a while. Happened to look at an old friend's profile and for some reason looked to see whether she knew anyone else from our old school. Always interesting. I've kept in touch with a few.
Scrolling down, a sick feeling and shudder came over me when I saw the photo of a school bully appear on her friends list. This is someone who terrified me from the age of 11 to 18. I used to be too afraid to go out to play at lunch times. I took to going to the (boring) library as it was a supervised area. Gd I'm angry now. Was all I could do not to send her a message on FB. But I didn't. Evil cow.

sykadelic15 Sat 04-Jan-14 17:58:26

Ah yes, the trauma of high school.

My sister is FB friends with all the people from school who wouldn't have (and didn't) give her the time of day at high school. I think a lot of it is to do with "look how awesome and successful I am now".

I add people if they ask me (and I didn't genuinely dislike them) but didn't seek them out. I also regularly cull people from my friend list if I don't talk to them. I try and make sure everyone on my list is someone I like or am related to. If I don't talk to them often and don't really care if I do or not (whether I like them or not), I remove them. Some people add people just to "spy" so I try and avoid that.

Anyway, I understand how you feel, the rage that someone dare be "friends" with such a horrible person... but I think this is a good time to talk to someone about your feelings and what you went through in high school. Remember you're not in high school anymore. This person has no control over you or your life. Don't let them affect your "now".

ThisIsMyRealChristmasName Sat 04-Jan-14 22:29:39

I do understand your feelings but i think you need to let it go.

There was a girl at school who bullied me from the ages of 11 to 14- believe it or not she is now one of my best friends. She is not the same person she was as a teenager. Most people aren't.

It's possible this girl who hurt you may still be a complete cow- but you don't have to see her any more so why should you care? If she is she'll get whats coming to her.

Don't be annoyed with your friend for being fb 'friends' with her. About a 1/3 of my fb 'friends' are only their because i'm nosy- not because i like them blush

Honestly, it's not worth torturing yourself.

GoodnessKnows Sat 04-Jan-14 23:58:36

Good advice. I'm not at all annoyed with the other person for being friends with her. I'm sure that it's a 'friendship' consisting merely of FB connection.
Funny how her pic. brought it all back though. I feel quite angry with her - although back then, I just felt intimidated. Oh how I've changed! Lol
Anyway, happy to let it go and move on ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now