...if you thought your friend may have accidentally forgotten to invite you to an upcoming party?

(10 Posts)
Saracen Wed 18-Dec-13 23:45:58

Two mutual acquaintances have said to me in passing, "see you at Mary's house Christmas eve!" Trouble is, I haven't been invited to Mary's. She is a pretty close friend of mine and it would be slightly surprising if she invited these other people and not me. Not that I'd be hurt or anything.

I've checked my email, and also looked to see if she'd issued an open invitation on a Facebook group, but no. I'm pretty sure she will have given out the invitation in one of those ways.

She throws a lovely party and our families get on really well. I haven't seen as much of her as I would like lately. We don't have plans for that night. So I wouldn't like to miss out if it was an oversight.

Should I drop a hint? Is there a way I can make her aware that she hasn't invited me, without being too obvious?

3bunnies Wed 18-Dec-13 23:58:55

You could get in touch and say the last bit about not having seen her as much recently and you wondered if she was free to meet up at all over Christmas - maybe tell her when you are busy - ie we have plans for Christmas Day and the 27th but otherwise fairly free and see if she responds although you may then need to meet her another time if the lack of invite was deliberate.

SavoyCabbage Thu 19-Dec-13 00:00:14

Have you looked in your junk box? I would think of another reason to contact her, about something else. Or I would ask her.

MeMySonAndI Thu 19-Dec-13 00:02:43

She might be assuming that you had other plans.

lisad123everybodydancenow Thu 19-Dec-13 00:08:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HappyAsASandboy Thu 19-Dec-13 00:50:24

I would ask her if she fancies coming over for a drink on Christmas Eve smile

Saracen Thu 19-Dec-13 20:45:02

Fabulous ideas, thanks! I will invite her round for Christmas eve. Why didn't I think of that?

Cheers guys!

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 29-Dec-13 17:32:40

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 29-Dec-13 18:50:26

Monty27 Sun 29-Dec-13 18:54:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now