to move away or not

(5 Posts)
lisa2104 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:56:26

Hi,

Just wondering what you would do. My fiancé and I have a 9 month old baby and in February we are moving out of our London flat as there isn't enough room and its too expensive. We could move to another flat in London which may be a bit bigger but cheaper or he could move his job to Northampton where we could rent a house and have money left over to start saving to buy somewhere, as we want to put down roots for our daughter. We originally come from Derby so we would also be closer to friends and family but if we move away from London we may lose touch with the friends we have made here. So effectively we are starting again but a bit closer to home.

Bowlersarm Mon 09-Dec-13 10:02:30

Move.

You'll meet new friends through your dd.

I wouldn't hesitate.

lisa2104 Mon 09-Dec-13 10:16:10

I don't suppose you know any nice areas in Northampton bowlersarm?

Kyrptonite Mon 09-Dec-13 10:22:05

Grange park is nice!

Bowlersarm Mon 09-Dec-13 14:10:13

No Op, sorry. I don't know Northampton at all.

But we moved away from London when our DC's were 8, 6, 4, and it has worked perfectly for us. So perfectly, that I really wish we had done it sooner.

You seem to have everything in place for a move. Your fiancé has a job lined up. You have family and friends you'd be moving closer to. You will meet people easily through your daughter, at toddler groups, then nursery and ultimately school. You will be moving to a bigger property, where you may well make friends with neighbours.

I just think it's perfect timing. You won't have to uproot your dd and any future children during school years, because you will already have made the move.

Is the only downside leaving friends behind? That's sad, but any good friends you will keep hold of.

I just don't see any negatives, apart from the upheaval and that it is daunting doing a big move. Although very exciting too.

Does your fiancé have strong opinions either way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now