Have I been robbed???

(6 Posts)
TeamSwitzerland Sat 07-Dec-13 21:01:30

Thanks for the replies, i was just shocked when I realised the profit the seller would be making! But I suppose it's my fault lol, I should have shopped around a bit more x

picnicbasketcase Sat 07-Dec-13 20:33:14

Did the listing not say where it was from? Thing is, you might feel put out because you've paid a lot more than the seller originally would have, but if you wanted a Brave costume and you received one, there's not much you can do. Presumably you were happy to pay £30 for the costume but only if it was from somewhere more expensive?

HairyPorter Sat 07-Dec-13 20:32:58

I think unless it wasn't in the condition it was advertised as (e.g used when they advertised as new), then it's not the sellers fault! They don't have to state where they got the outfit from- but if you had asked and they lied about it that's a different issue. Sorry to be blunt but it's not their fault you didn't shop around. It's not nice that they're trying to make such a large profit but I don't think what they've done in wrong (in ebay / paypal eyes)... Maybe ethically wrong though!

monkina Sat 07-Dec-13 20:28:16

If it wasn't described as an Asda dress then you should complain - message the seller and ask for a refund. If they refuse then you can escalate to ebay and they should refund in full.

I had a similar problem with childrens shoes that were in much worse condition than was listed- seller did not agree with me and refused to refund, but ebay did eventually refund me in full.

Littlefish Sat 07-Dec-13 20:22:51

I think that if the dress is as it was described on eBay, then there is nothing you can do except feel cross.

TeamSwitzerland Sat 07-Dec-13 20:14:27

Hi ladies, need some advice, I ordered a dress up dress for my little girls Xmas, it's a brave dress and came with a very basic bow and two arrows. I paid £30.00 inc delivery on eBay and it arrived today. Problem is its a dress up costume from asda! And probably only cost 12 quid to buy, I feel I've been robbed! What should I do? Any help much appreciated xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now