Have you ever slapped your DH?

(129 Posts)
MrsW0931 Wed 04-Dec-13 14:33:16

and if you did, what was the reason and exaclty how did your boyfriend/husband react?

BobPatSamandIgglePiggle Wed 01-Jan-14 23:12:28

Your attitude is awful.

Turn the tables - if a female friend said to you that her DP had slapped her infront of her children and had told her it was her fault because she'd annoyed him you'd be pointing her in the direction of the police.

You've somehow tried to justify yourself, turned the tables and become the victim.

One side of the story - maybe he was pisssed off that your stuff was crammed in the wardrobe, maybe he's asked you before to sort it out.....

You had no right to hit him. He had every right to react by pushing you away. Would you really want your children to see that they can hit someone with no consequence?

sarahquilt Sun 05-Jan-14 13:11:01

It doesn't matter how small you are, you shouldn't have hit him. I would've reacted like he did.

scarletwitch Tue 14-Jan-14 11:16:44

I am amazed that you think you are the victim here, you can't slap people and expect them just to stand there and take it. He wasn't right to push you but it was in resonse to your assault and to behave like that in front of your children is a disgrace.

GoldenGytha Sat 22-Feb-14 20:16:43

I hit XH once, but it was after years of emotional abuse which had turned into physical (from him) He was being horrible to me that morning shouting "Arse, arse, fat sluggy cow" doing an exaggerated walk and saying "Only time you clean this kitchen floor is when your huge arse trails along it, you're a fat sluggy arse" He then threw the remains of his cup of tea in DD2's face. I snapped and slapped him more than once. It's not something I've ever been proud of, but it was done after extreme provocation and many years of emotional abuse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now