Gift sent but did not arrive.

(5 Posts)
Knittedbauble Tue 03-Dec-13 15:45:05

Would you send a replacement?

Mogz Tue 03-Dec-13 17:52:49

At what point has it gone missing? If it was in the postal or courier service I'd be submitting a complaint and claim for compensation.
Only if I could afford it would I be able to resend.

Nevercan Tue 03-Dec-13 17:59:08

How did you send it? Royal Mail? Was it recorded or just normal pot? Was it valuable?

Knittedbauble Tue 03-Dec-13 21:07:33

Thanks for the replies. It was sent Royal Mail - cash in a card - to a student hall of residence. So no way of knowing when it went missing really.

It could be replaced, but of course not via the same method of delivery, which on reflection was ill-considered. It's difficult - either bad luck for the recipient, or for me.

Halls of residence are completely insecure for post. I knew of people having their birthday cards ripped open and left on the floor when I was there. They had locked boxes per corridor which were often left unlocked so...how much was it? If I were you, and you can afford it, I would send them a bank transfer or amazon voucher. Never, ever cash to a student in halls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now