Son cracked head open at soft play, what do I say to them

(8 Posts)
lilyaldrin Sat 30-Nov-13 21:57:21

It depends - something hard/sharp in the soft play bit itself is obviously a problem, but hard floor or plug sockets in the cafe is just an everyday hazard.

starfishmummy Sat 30-Nov-13 21:54:17

What did he trip over?
If it was just a kid falling ever their feet then there's not much they can do!! Kids fall over. The floor is usually hard.

Bowlersarm Sat 30-Nov-13 21:47:40

Children fall over all the time. There is little you can do about that.

ArgyMargy Sat 30-Nov-13 21:44:24

Heads produce masses of blood from even the tiniest cut. If he is fine then get over it. There are such things as accidents and not every risk can be eliminated, even for a PFB.

Sirzy Sat 30-Nov-13 21:43:36

Was he is the "soft" play bit or the main part of the centre?

I would check that it was logged in the accident book and let them know what A and E/doctor said if he went.

PartyFops Sat 30-Nov-13 21:42:32

I think you need to calmly tell them what happened without making too much of a fuss, kids fall over. Yes I imagine it was really awful for you both but I don't think you can cover every single eventuality.

Maybe you could see what their reaction is, see if they care, if they don't then you can kick up a bit of a fuss maybe.

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sat 30-Nov-13 21:41:18

I'm really sorry your DS was hurt sad

However, your post is as clear as mud, so it's hard to say what you should tell them - can you explain more?

greener2 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:38:29

Had an awful experience today. I was right behind my two year old and he just tripped to the floor but when i looked at him he was covered in blood. It was horrible and although the staff were great I feel this was something dangerous at the centre so unsure what to say
I think there was a box with plugs on the wall he may hve hit but it was so quick. I would hate another child to do this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now