what could i get 9yr ds for christmas...

(20 Posts)
wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 20:17:07

I am at a loss here. I really dont know what to get my son.

I am trying to get my hands on a bike for around the 30-50 price range.

Xbox games i could get.
But...he is obsessed with the xbox, and i would much rather stay away from this. Maybe one game.

He doesnt really have an interest in anything else.
Apart from being outside.
Hence the bike.
He already has a scooter.

Any bits and bobs that anyone could think of? Even add ons to the things i have mentioned.

I have just seen on another thread, an idea of an xbox pad with the stickers on.

Oh ...any ideas would be great as i am at a complete loss.

mamicar Fri 22-Nov-13 20:25:17

Lego sets
Minecraft lego? Does he have minecraft for xbox?
Science stuff from amazon
books
some clothes

Hard to think my eldest two are 7 and 12 and both into same things really so bit in between at your sons age.
Bike helmet if you manage to get bike smile

Bike for 59.99 my mum bought this for my 9 year old nephew smile

boys bike

Hope this helps smile

mamicar Fri 22-Nov-13 20:26:57

Argos have half price on bikes at the moment too, cheapest i can see for age 8 is £69.99 though x

mamicar Fri 22-Nov-13 20:28:59
wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 20:41:34

Thank you for the suggestions. smile

Thay second bike looks pretty good. Thank you, ill keep that link for now. I am hopefully going to view a bike tomorrow.

Yeah he has minecraft. He got that for his birthday. He is never off it ha.

Bike helmet is a brilliant idea!

The science stuff i tried him with last christmas. It was me who ended up fascinated with it. He wasnt interested. I even bought him those metal buildy car things, and thay is still in the box. Could probably wrap that up for my 5yo actually!

Books and clothes brilliant idea too!

Thank you very much. You have been a great help! smile

Kikibee Fri 22-Nov-13 20:50:05

My 9 yr old is into zombie books!

Also, aeroplanes, skylanders, biking andwatching tv smile

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 20:56:28

My son would have nightmares if he read a zombie book haha.
Skylanders - i keeo hearing of that, but not entirely sure what it is.
My son likes tv also. Diary of a whimpy kid books he would like i think!

As for aeroplanes...my ds had a remote control helicopter that he loved, but it crash landed down the stairs and broke.
Theres another idea!!

See...this really does help. Thank you smile

Cycling gloves as stocking fillers - my kids are all getting them. Definitely try to get the nike, every 9 year old should have a bike if you can afford one and it's a brilliant wow factor main present. My older son would like a "big" CD player/ radio for his room. He is only 6... but its a fairly ageless present I think.

mamicar Fri 22-Nov-13 21:02:54

David walliams books are good too.

minecraft Lego would go down well if he lives minecraft. but get it from Lego store online it's cheaper!

I got older Ds a remote control helicopter too. just had a peak in my xmas cupboard lol

MrsCF Fri 22-Nov-13 21:05:13

I just found snap circuits on amazon, they look quite good for that age range. I like the look of the flying saucer and the motion detector.

lljkk Fri 22-Nov-13 21:09:14

Mine wants micro machine tanks, blue noses, cash and Calvin & Hobbies books (the few we don't already have) Has mentioned RC helicopter but I know those are always terrible quality in my budget, and I there a few mine craft lego sets he doesn't have.

He got a few Wimpy Kid books for last Xmas.

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 21:10:40

I never gave cycling gloves a thought. Thank you!
As for the lego - i have bought my younger two some, i really dont know if my 9yo would be interested. I suppose i could maybe try, and if he doesnt...at least the younger two would use it.

A cd player for a 6 year old. Aw bless. My dd wanted one around that age. You can get decent kareoke(sp) machines from argos. My dd loved hers.

My christmas cupboard is only wee at the minute. I had a few little bits and bobs. Just started getting them these past two weeks.
I feel sorry for mr postman.
I keep ordering different things at different times. Instead of all in one go.

I really have an addictive problem with amazon i think!

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 21:12:48

Oooh mine craft lego sets - didnt know that. I will definitely have a look at those for him!

It would be good if all thre boys were to enjoy the lego. Its something they could play together - rather than having a controller in their hand!

dementedma Fri 22-Nov-13 21:14:48

Lava lamp
Books by david walliams or Andy Stanton
A compass
Lights/LEDs/high viz for bike
A cool backpack
Penknife?
Nerf gun
Mini WiFi speaker for iPod?
Glow in the dark planets/stars
Beanie with iPod speakers in
Odeon vouchers

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 21:24:18

Lava lamps a good one. Something i have bought every year...last year was a water lamp...only it kept gettinf knocked over and was nothinf but a hazard.

They may all be at an age to fully appreciate a lava lamp now though.

I know my dd would love one.
He has had loads of nerf guns and loses interest within a day or two.
Good thinking for my 5yo though!!

Oh keep up the good work people. I am writing everything down!
grin

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 21:24:56

Please excuse typos. Im on my phone and its a pain

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 21:27:13

MrsCF - are those snap circuits the things you build?

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 21:39:40

Just sorted my lists out. I think im sorted now.
Thank you all for your help.

I looked for that car building thing i bought my 9yo last year. It is knex - brand new and still boxed. Will be ideal for 5yo ds. I also grabbed a big box of knex for 2pound at a car boot sale a few months ago that i put away. Then another black bag full for 3pound. So ...there is plenty knex for all!

ShoeWhore Fri 22-Nov-13 22:18:09

Ds is also 9 and I have been collecting ideas although not bought much yet. Ideas include:

HotWires set
FIFA 14 game (for Wii/PS/Xbox etc)
Hexbugs v2
Minecraft annual
(Ds also wants a Harry Potter wand)
Lego - Ds likes LOTR or Star Wars Lego
Speaker for his iPod

wontletmesignin Fri 22-Nov-13 22:29:41

The minecraft mannual would go down well with my ds. I had been browsing on amazon tonight and because his xbox controller is bashed to bits - i have bought him a new jazzy one.
So that, along with his bike can be his 'big' presents.
Just little bits and bobs left to get now. Thanx to all for the great ideas. A few of them will be used smile

I have fifa 14 for sale...if you are anywhere in tyne and wear grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now