DD bitten at school

(12 Posts)
AngiBolen Wed 06-Nov-13 22:33:59

On Tuesday DD was bitten at school by a boy in her class (who regularly attacks other children - yes, I have already had a conversation with the school about this).

The bite was at the top of her arm, and left teeth marks and bruising, even though it was through her top, sweatshirt and coat.

The school took a photo of it, and phoned me to inform me of the incident.

This morning, the mother of the boy who bit DD stopped DD on the playground as she was walking from before school club into school, and asked to see the bite. DD explained it was under her coat (and jumper, and shirt), but the mother insisted and DD obliged.

The mother then told DD her son had promised her he would never bite DD again.

I am thinking WTF? You crazy woman, how dare you insist my DD strip off on the playground to show you the bite? this is rather inappropriate of the mother, and wondering whether to mention it to the school.

Or will I sound like a crazy woman?

GooFawkes Wed 06-Nov-13 22:41:12

Personally I would mention it to the school.

AngiBolen Wed 06-Nov-13 22:45:41

I'm sitting here angry partly for not being there to protect DD from this crazy woman, partly with before school club for not handing her over to school (I know they don't, and the DC go independently from club to school) and I know I'm being unreasonable.

3lovelykids Fri 08-Nov-13 00:01:47

The school should not be taking photos!!!! Against safeguarding confused

AngiBolen Sat 09-Nov-13 13:50:06

Taking photos is against safe guarding? I didn't know that! Should I ask for the photo to be deleted?

plainjanine Thu 14-Nov-13 11:59:46

Eh? The school are taking photos of this to prove it happened, should it ever come up in the future, surely? I'd be all for it. It could also be that they are compiling a case for having the feral child little rascal removed from the school.

lljkk Thu 14-Nov-13 12:15:52

How old, AngiB?

AngiBolen Thu 14-Nov-13 21:13:00

DD and the boy are both 8yo.

I did mention it to the school secretary, (who more or less runs the school) - she looked shocked and said she'd pass it on the the HT.

youarewinning Thu 14-Nov-13 21:17:40

OK, yes, it sounds very unhinged. But she promised your DD her son said he wouldn't do it again opposed to trying to downplay it or tell your DD it wasn't that bad. Maybe good intentions but wrong actions?

School are likely to have recorded it for health and safety reasons.

lljkk Fri 15-Nov-13 10:00:40

I think the other mum was trying to face up to what happened, take some responsibility. Just not very well done. I don't know why you need to mention her words to the school.

I have an immature 9yo. No record of biting but physically too rough definitely, so I have some sympathy. I wish I could merely issue a promise, rather than feel mortified every time. sad

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 15-Nov-13 10:05:58

It sounds like she thought she was lying or exaggerating tbh.

She had no right to do that if the school are dealing with it then it's between the school and the mums.

Rockinhippy Fri 15-Nov-13 10:17:03

I would be angry too, the DMs actions implies she disbelievers its as bad as she was told & insisting a DC strips off in the playground in this weather is not on - she did try & reassure your DD over her son though, which is good, but still very badly handled on her part.

I wouldn't be upset about the school taking photos though, they need to record this incident properly & photos help - he's 8, not reception age, so should be more in control of his actions - maybe theres SN involved & the school want evidence to try & secure funds for 1-1 for the boy, which can only be a good thing all round - maybe no SN & they have had enough & building a case to expel him - the DMs actions do suggest that she disbelieves he does these things, or are as bad as painted - so perhaps isn't as supportive of the school in teaching him this isn't on as she should be - either way - photos are good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now