Ask, or not?

(4 Posts)
mylittlemonkey Tue 05-Nov-13 23:00:42

I have a really important meeting for a new job and need to set off 20mins before nursery starts. Normally that would be fine but hubby working away so can't take the kids. A good friend lives a few doors from nursery and is a sahm. Is it cheeky to ask her if she could take the kids for 20mins and then walk them to nursery. She has 3rd year old and I have 1 year old and 3rd year old? The meeting isn't going to be long and its a set time and can't be changed and I said I could get there at the time as thought I could but only just realised I can't.

BikeRunSki Tue 05-Nov-13 23:04:13

What have you go to lose? She is a good friend anyway you say. Does her 3 yo go to the nursery too?

I'd ask.

KatOD Tue 05-Nov-13 23:04:45

Depends how good friends you are really, 3 kids that age range will be a handful. Would you do the same for her? If so I'd ask but make it clear that it's a one off, you'll repay the favour and it's not the beginning of you assuming she'll be part of your childcare routine.

Congrats on new job btw.

mylittlemonkey Tue 05-Nov-13 23:16:45

Thanks for the replies. No she does not go to nursery. We are good friends and I would be happy to do for her no question but I really just hate asking as even though we are good friends it is a big ask. She is literally a few mins walk from the nursery. Its just I don't want to be late as this job is really perfect for me and freelance so they can decide not to use me again so don't want to be late when I said I could make it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now