am I too old for a Onesie ?

(26 Posts)

ok - this is a bit silly - but I'm 45? I normally wouldn't dream about wearing something that, to me, - looks like a babygrow! ... and do people actually SLEEP in them ?! I could maybe see an advantage when it's time to get up ! no mad dash to the bathroom in a flimsy nightie ?! so no cold legs/ arms etc !! I don't know ! I think my DH would fall about in hysterics if I went out and bought one ?!
What would you do ?!? ( buy him one too ?! lol )

aciddrops Sun 05-Jan-14 15:37:31

Anyone older than 2 is too old IMHO ;)

AryaR Fri 03-Jan-14 07:48:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ChippyMinton Tue 05-Nov-13 21:08:40

Anyone saying 'don't' has obviously never tried one. DH bought me an animal one as a joke, and I love it blush - comfy, warm and hilarious - what's not too like?

manyhands, if you find a flattering one (doubtful) you are missing the point wink

manyhands Tue 05-Nov-13 20:58:34

Just found out everyone is wearing them to work for children in need. Are there any flattering ones?

Raddy Sun 03-Nov-13 18:54:18

I agree, over the age of about 9 and you're too old.

ZombieMojaveWonderer Sun 03-Nov-13 18:51:32

Lol yep I think anyone over 9 should step away from the onsie. wink

Catsmamma Sun 03-Nov-13 11:41:52

I have three!

A fleecy cow one complete with lovely udders (small Blackadder reference) It has feet and a hood with little cow horns as well

A heavy sweatshirt material in lilac an white stripes....huge pocket on the front and a hood, no feet in though

A lighter weight pink and grey stripey one, no feet in either and no pockets but it was hellish cheap from tesco

I wear them instead of a dressing gown, no flappage issues and no cold feet either....even if you have to find socks.

ANd since I have no shame I do run about the garden/street putting out the bins and breaking up cat fights and the like. We do live in the middle of nowhere though with very few neighbours, but they seem not to notice.

Bunnygirlie Sun 03-Nov-13 11:33:50

Onesies creep me out!!! (Unless you are under10)

They are just one step up from a baby grow and I've seen those channel 5 documentaries about people who wear those shock

TheArticFunky Sat 02-Nov-13 22:22:50

I personally think anyone over the age of 2 is too old. However if you really want one get one.

I'm currently wearing a nightie with 3 little ducks on and piggie bed socks so I'm not really in a position to judge.

Mummyoftheyear Sun 27-Oct-13 19:45:42

I have one. I'm 41. Cosy!
Word of warning, if you're over 5ft 5", you might want to buy one without integrated feet. I have one with the feet on it and I'm always having to wriggle it about so that the legs are long enough for me. Oh the trials and tribulations of having a onesie. Just bought myself a new one for an Xmas present to myself. It's from next, cream coloured and has a pretend bear head hood. Cute!
They do take up looooads of room when you want to put them away!

Emmabombemma Mon 14-Oct-13 21:55:39

I just don't get it. I have warm pjs. Anyone over the age of 10 is too old for a onsie IMO.

Nevercan Mon 14-Oct-13 20:22:30

I got my first ever onesie for my 37th birthday and I have to say it is very comfy and warm. There is one issue though you have to unbutton it and take it off pretty much to go to the loo - it needs poppers grin

*make them not She them ?!

they are not very alluring are they ! maybe they could she them with comedy bikini and massive hooters !?! tee hee

Seeline Mon 14-Oct-13 09:28:20

I've got one and I'm 45 blush I would never go out in it, but it is lovely for curling up in the colder evenings after a nice hot bath etc. Don't wear it to bed either - it's very tempting, but I think DH would really not approve grin

oh my !! I have all sorts of images in my head now ! no chance of a quickie if I had to pop open a flap as I'd be laughing too much !! thinking of old men in long johns in old western movies with the flap !! ewwww !!
I will stick to silk nightie's I think ! or maybe get some FatFace PJ's - but think I will have to give the Onesies a miss !!! thanks for all your fun replies !! :-) thanks

absentmindeddooooodles Mon 14-Oct-13 09:15:38

Me and dp jave matching ones blush

But they are so so comfy!! Would not wear them out but theyvare the best invention ever for lazing about it. No faffing with clothes to get comfy etc.

My mum is 46 and she has one. Same reason. Just so damn comfy.

makingdoo Mon 14-Oct-13 09:04:45

Oh I hope not! I bought MIL one last week for her birthday and she is 69!
It's a lovely warm fleecy one that she can wear in the eve/morning to keep her warm. FIL wants a matching one now grin

flipchart Mon 14-Oct-13 09:00:46

Seeing that you are older than 9, then yes you are too old.

perceptionreality Mon 14-Oct-13 09:00:34

No, you're not too old if it's for bedtime! It's easier to get a onesie than conventional nightwear at the moment.

deepfriedsage Mon 14-Oct-13 08:59:36

Onsie not indie.

deepfriedsage Mon 14-Oct-13 08:58:54

I now have visions of Men undoing a onse trap door, shagging a comedy indie/wife from behind.

Delayingtactic Mon 14-Oct-13 08:52:31

Anyone who is old enough to use t'internet is too old for a onesie. Sorry!

meditrina Mon 14-Oct-13 08:51:25

No, you're not too old if you wear them inside your own home.

They're lovely and warm (good if you're trying to keep the heating down), but chilly when you have to peel it down to actually sit on the loo - unless you find one with a trapdoor. (A feature which of course would also provide easy access for DH to your nether regions).

deepfriedsage Mon 14-Oct-13 08:43:14

As it is cooling now, I see the dc all snug in the evening and wonder how nice it would be to wear one. I conclude they look so daft I won't get one, nothing to stop you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now