Bloody Freezer Door!

(5 Posts)
mewmeow Wed 09-Oct-13 17:58:48

Half what would you do and half massive rant as i expect i know what i have to do sad

Its been left slightly ajar, probably since fucking dp put the shopping away on Monday afternoon. The food has now gone all gone soft and mushy, still cold but at fridge temperature, not in any way solidified or frozen. Will probably have to throw the whole lot away (apart from what i cook for tea tonight) wont i? Is anything salvagable for re-freezing? Got chips, veg, fish fingers etc. About £50 worth.

Not just angry about the money, although we are struggling, its the principle of putting all that perfectly good food in the bin when people are starving all around the world. Feel like shit about it...whole unopened bags of hash browns ;,(

that is annoying but I am sure you can still use defrosted food tomorrow and the day after. maybe not chips and fish fingers maybe but unprocessed food for sure.

Also, if you manage to cook some of the food tonight it should keep even longer.

mewmeow Wed 09-Oct-13 20:12:04

Ok thanks, that's cheered me up a bit. I suppose the veg might be salvageable then. Unfortunately most of it is processed.
I know tomorrow a huge bin bag will have to go though sad can't face putting all that unopened food in the bin tonight. Makes me feel sick. Ah well back to scratch I guess...

Mummyoftheyear Sun 13-Oct-13 10:38:43

I'd provably raj refreshing everything that didn't contain fish / meat.

gobbin Fri 25-Oct-13 22:13:48

Am hoping your freezer still works properly. My DS left freezer door ever so slightly ajar overnight and the freezer was fucked sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now