Don't seeing of an old friend

(3 Posts)
Kafri Wed 09-Oct-13 01:58:24

Have been friends for many years - nearly 20 years. Used to see a lot of them, sometimes numerous time a week depending on shifts/rotas etc. then, naturally, kids come along and I see less of them which I chalk down to both parties being busy and tied up with work/family life etc. I've always been happy to fit into their shift patterns and see then when convenient but every so often I get a text accusing me of never contacting them/not wanting to see them etc and I speak to them and try to explain that it's not that I don't want to, it's just I tend to wait for them to tell us when they're free as it's them that work shifts which means some weeks they don't see each other let alone have time for friends too.
Anyway, like I said, then kids came along. They have 2 boys 3&4 while I have DS 9m but my problem now is that when I do see her, she's always yelling at the boys. Like literally always yelling. It's 'I've told you not to touch....' 'Youre not listening to me' 'you're going to go into time out' 'I've told you enough times' etc and it's just constant to one or the other. So much so that by the time I leave it's like I've barely said a word to her for all the shouting.
Now, am I just being judgy and have this to look forward to or should it really not be like this? I could understand if I called round and it happened to be like this once - every kid has off days but really it's every time I see her and it's put me off going as it's just so loud and negative.

PTphonehome Wed 09-Oct-13 13:19:02

Could you just visit in the evenings when the kids are in bed?

I would sat though that being a parent of two boisterous kids so close in age would be hard work though and involve telling them what to do/not to do.

Kafri Wed 09-Oct-13 23:00:35

I don't mind in the slightest the telling them what to do what bit to do. I know kids will be kids and will push boundaries. My little one is defo going to be a boisterous little one and will be a challenge at times I'm certain. It just seems endless shouting at them. And half the time it's contradictory so I'm not surprised they don't respond.

Don't tend to do evenings any more as I tend to be home sorting my little one and they spend time together which they don't get much of working shifts. I could nip round when her DH is on a late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now