Help! My son keeps stopping in the middle of the road!

(7 Posts)
Bigdaddys Sun 06-Oct-13 20:33:52

Thanks for all your replies. At least I won't feel to guilty putting them on him. I've been looking at the little life backpacks today on the internet but they only have a single rein. I'm frightened that he may just dangle his feet and drop to the floor then I would be dragging him along. I'm going to get the harness type with the loop so at least I can lift him up. Can anyone recommend the best make?

elfycat Sun 06-Oct-13 08:45:09

Reins.

I've got mine back out as DD1 (4.5 and YR) is trying to assert some independence and will not hold my hand. I've agreed as long as she holds while crossing roads but she's pushing her luck and I'm not having her luck run out on a road. She's on a final warning and then will turn up to school wearing them.

DD2 (nearly 3) is having a tantrummy boundary pushing moment. She wants to walk but like her sister without holding my hand. Never going to happen. I generally take a buggy and she screams the place down when I strap her in after giving her a chance to walk nicely. DD1's school is about a mile away and I can't face dragging her there on reins at the moment.

NotCitrus Sun 06-Oct-13 08:41:03

I used a little life backpack mainly as a threat - walk nicely or have the reins on.
Resulted in safe sulky road crossing.

Reins or a little life bag rather than take a chance

TheRealHousewifeOfSomewhere Sun 06-Oct-13 08:37:41

As above. Reins.

3littlefrogs Sun 06-Oct-13 08:28:20

If he can't walk nicely holding your hand, he is not too old for reins.

Bigdaddys Sun 06-Oct-13 08:26:47

My 3 year old son keeps stopping in the middle of the road when crossing over. I am considering getting some reins for him but think he's to old! I'm just scared that 1 day his hand will slip from mine and I will be pushing his brothers buggy. Has any one else experienced anything like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now