Wwyd

(10 Posts)
pcbmc00 Sat 05-Oct-13 21:10:21

Thanks so much for your posts it means a lot to me my big fear was my dc forgetting my mum she is so involved in our lives currently so going to keep living each day to the full.

UnicornsPooGlitter Sat 05-Oct-13 21:07:34

Lovely post, prints.

morethanpotatoprints Sat 05-Oct-13 21:05:08

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum, it must be a really difficult time.
I think you should focus on your existing dc, especially the 3 year old in terms of memories of them with your mum.
This may seem a bit weird and I really wouldn't want to upset you, but my dc really treasure the memories and times they spent with their Nanna and Grandad and talk about them all the time. Our youngest was only 3 and then 4 when they passed away but can remember so much. Keep them as close as you can both for now and the future.

pcbmc00 Sat 05-Oct-13 21:01:35

My dad died 15 years ago from cancer and we as a family feel so hard done by now that my mum is terminally ill with same disease.. Clearly I have gone off the point of having a third baby thanks everyone.

UnicornsPooGlitter Sat 05-Oct-13 20:58:35

UnMN hugs mc00.

pcbmc00 Sat 05-Oct-13 20:54:51

I know even for someone just to write their opinion of no they are probably right. Life is tough at the minute and I'm clutching at something that can make us all happy as I know how much our dc make everyone happy currently.

UnicornsPooGlitter Sat 05-Oct-13 20:52:46

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. I think that you should separate the two issues though - your Mum loves you and your existing family, and will want to spend time with you all, whether that includes a new baby or not. Tell her about your plans if you decide to wait, I'm sure that she'll love to hear about them anyway.

HeySoulSister Sat 05-Oct-13 20:52:05

No, bad idea IMO.

headlesslambrini Sat 05-Oct-13 20:50:11

Sorry to hear about your DM. I think it is something that you and your partner need to decide together.

You should have another because it's what you want, can afford, right time etc.

pcbmc00 Sat 05-Oct-13 20:46:02

I have dc aged 3 and 1 and always want to have another child but plan was to wait until ds was in reception. Between childcare and work I thought to myself I'd wait for another few years.
As we know life is not always as straightforward as above my DM is terminally ill with not too long left to live. I'm not saying ill have a baby to try and cheer everyone up but who knows maybe it might give my DM a lift we want to have a third child anyway wwyd??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now