parking

(17 Posts)
NorthernObserver Wed 25-Sep-13 18:23:12

get a wee 'Please leave access' sign

thefedupgorilla Wed 25-Sep-13 17:29:33

I havent said anything to the neighbours. way too anxious (over other stuff). cant face it

amumthatcares Tue 24-Sep-13 21:02:36

Why would anyone be so ignorant and inconsiderate to block someone else's drive? It is downright rude!!

ExitPursuedByADragon Tue 24-Sep-13 19:48:43

I meant I couldn't understand your issue in that they have no right to be parking across your drive under any circumstances so there is no issue. Just tell them.

RobotHamster Tue 24-Sep-13 16:20:36

I'd say deal with it now, as you've just moved in. You don't want to leave it for ages and have them assume its ok. Just say you need access for now and are getting a car soon anyway, so please don't park there.

thefedupgorilla Tue 24-Sep-13 16:11:03

it doesnt bother my partner. he doesnt worry about it.

theres a dropped down kerb directly in front of my drive.my drive is a proper paved driveway which the council made(council house). neighbours park over the dropped kerb fully so no cars can go in or out of my drive.

parking is busy but fine. most houses have drives. neighbours sometimes leave their drive empty and park 1 car over my drive and 1 in a road space so there seems like plenty of space for everyone

thefedupgorilla Tue 24-Sep-13 16:01:34

yeah will definetly pop round and ask them nicely tomorrow. thanks for replies. I didnt want to seem petty asking them to move when we dont have a car yet.

They've probably spotted that you don't have a car of your own and assumed that means you don't need the drop/drive.

I agree with pps that you just need a big friendly smile and an explanation. Unless they're horrible they'll comply.

How bad is parking locally in general? If parking spaces are at a premium then you will encounter more resistance than if there's plenty of room.

MikeOxard Tue 24-Sep-13 15:56:29

Is it an actual drive with a dropped kerb? (You haven't just removed the fence and chucked some gravel down?) If so, just ask them not to block your drive. If they are dicks about it, get a couple of cones to reinforce your reasonable request.

Sorry is your partner incapable of speech?

Why can they not say something?

thefedupgorilla Tue 24-Sep-13 15:55:48

thanks for the replies. my issue is my visitors cant use drive. I want to speak to them now,partner thinks I could ask them to move when we get a car and im being silly being bothered by it.

thats what I was thinking robothamster. theyve prob parked there ages and not realised

MortifiedAdams Tue 24-Sep-13 15:54:22

Am pretty sure they are allowed to block an empty drive but not an occupied one. Annoying tho!! pop and see them

orangepudding Tue 24-Sep-13 15:54:08

I would politely tell them that you need access to your drive for visitors. They must assume you don't mind and if they are reasonable people will understand.

thefedupgorilla Tue 24-Sep-13 15:51:52

forgot to say this is a daily occurence

RobotHamster Tue 24-Sep-13 15:51:47

They've probably been parking there for ages and are just pushing their luck,hoping you won't mind/say anything.

Just pop over,all friendly and say something like "we need access to our drive, please can you not park in front of it, thanks" then big smile

ExitPursuedByADragon Tue 24-Sep-13 15:50:38

Ask them to leave your driveway clear. Not sure what your issue is? Did previous tenants allow them to do this?

thefedupgorilla Tue 24-Sep-13 15:48:23

We've moved into a new house with a drive&dropped down kerb. I am learning to drive but dont have a car yet.

our neighbours park their car over our drive, completely making our drive unusuable. This is bugging me as our childminder and my fil/guests cant use our drive. my partner feels I should ask neighbours to not park their car over our drive when we get a car but I think they should not park over our drive at all and want to speak to them politely.

it annoys cm&fil as they cant use drive (cm picks up&drops off my kids). my partner thinks it shouldnt bother me but I am bothered.we pay rent and I dont think they are right. they should park on their drive and their second car should go in a legal space on road. neighbours seem friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now