Quick help please, police? locksmith?

(29 Posts)
MisselthwaiteManor Mon 23-Sep-13 13:07:07

I am in the middle of seperating from my H and he has locked me in the house. He always locks the door on his way to work but today I went to go out and my door key is missing from my keys. Embarassingly I don't know how many times he has done this because I don't get out on my own much.

I am panicking about not being able to get out in case of fire. I think this would be scary for a normal person but I have anxiety and I am here with a 3 month old.

Do I call the police or is that over reacting? A locksmith? Will/can a locksmith help you get out of a house? I have no cash here to pay him and cashpoint is about a 20minute walk away so what do I do? Call a locksmith and make him walk with me to a cashpoint like a twat? Or call the police and say what? "Nothing has happened but my door is locked, save me"

Would you just wait it out until H is home? (about 9 more hours)

I have tried kicking it down and picking the lock but not working.

MisselthwaiteManor Mon 23-Sep-13 16:15:37

Lock has been changed and I'm about to go get some spares cut so on that front we are OK now.

I know I need to get out, I am working towards getting him out actually, and I know it's a big deal, just hate the thought of wasting police time on something I can't prove. But I will contact them if only just to talk it through and see what their view is. Thank you for your help.

wonder what his reaction will be when his key doesn't work.

glad you are out and ok op.

I thought you were moving out and going back to where you have a support network? How are you hoping to get him to leave? I can't see it happening and he will always view that house as his even if he's not living there.

Hope you are okay OP.

MikeOxard Tue 24-Sep-13 16:00:43

Did you let him back in yesterday? Seems a waste of a lock change if you did. Also did you report it to the police? I hope you get help and get out of this abusive situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now