Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Getting my parents a card for their wedding anniversary?

(8 Posts)
mummyaimz Sun 22-Sep-13 19:53:15

Just out of curiosity is it the norm to buy out parents a wedding anniversary card. My mum always gives me a sarky comment every year and I've never taken it seriously until this year and thought, do I get them a card or not?

I used to when I was a child, dropped out of the habit when I left home, they have never said anything, but they do send us one, which there is no need for at all. I doubt my DCs know when our anniversary is to be honest.

Do you have siblings, do they send cards to your parents? Could you sound them out?

Yawner247 Sun 22-Sep-13 19:58:43

I always get my parents one and I also try to remember to send close friends cards if we went to their wedding! But my dh thinks I'm card mad!

Ragwort Sun 22-Sep-13 20:01:14

I never do (made an exception for their Golden Wedding anniversary) grin - and I don't like getting WA cards myself as I think it is just a personal celebration between DH & DW ! However my DB & DSIL love getting WA cards so my mum complains that she has to remember to send them one but not send us one grin.

LimitedEditionLady Fri 27-Sep-13 20:05:32

I dont send anyone one,my gran tries to tell me to but i dont feel like its something I need to do.I wont be expecting any if i get married I thought it was just between a wife and husband?You know the old I didnt get anything in my anniversary as the husband firgot thing.

evelynj Fri 27-Sep-13 20:08:01

Special anniversaries only but they get us one. I don't want cards from anyone but my dh for my anniversary. Too many cards spoil the broth!

halecromp Tue 05-Nov-13 12:49:48

I give mine a card and a bottle of wine for theirs.

Musicaltheatremum Thu 07-Nov-13 22:31:29

I always send my parents one and they did to me until my husband died. I just like getting some cards as do they.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now