WWYD

(6 Posts)
Icklemariposa01 Sat 21-Sep-13 16:17:24

Basically the police said that they would have to say name if need be but that was all. But you see the detail that I saw you would have had to have been on my side of the road. Any other of my neighbours could have seen this too but because I actually confronted him per se I am paranoid!

Icklemariposa01 Sat 21-Sep-13 16:14:41

Was just about to say that sorry for typos, was BFing baby.

I am glad you guys are saying this.

It's just that feeling of being a mother and going to any great lengths to protect your family. But I am not sure i can stand by and let the man get away with it.

MrsBungle Sat 21-Sep-13 16:13:58

I gave a statement to the police a year ago about a burglar I saw. I was very worried he would know where I lived but the police told me he would never see my address. My witness statement said I am bungle of an address on such road - not my house number.

In the end my burglar (well, he didn't burgle us, I saw him come out of someone else's) pled guilty and so I didn't need to go to court.

If I were you I'd call the police and tell them you saw something, they can hopefully put your mind at rest about not being identified or if they can't then I suppose you could choose not to give a statement.

EasyMark Sat 21-Sep-13 16:06:16

Give the statement and ask the police to help you check your security of your home abd request a personal alarm.

Men that beat women are cowards and should be made responsable for their actions.

what would you want to happen if that women was your dd or sister?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 21-Sep-13 16:00:00

Give a witness statement. It may help her to get him out of the house, so he won't live near you any more. Win, win.

Icklemariposa01 Sat 21-Sep-13 15:57:38

This morning....very early, after I was putting my baby back in the crib next to me I heard a woman being attacked on the street. I rushed to the window and already another neighbor was confronting the man from their window. He said to the neighbour to mind his own business. The fuckwit was trying to get this woman in the car, immediately I could tell it was a domestic. He then started punching her in the back to get in and that's when I shouted at him. He didn't turn but just drove away. My husband was delirious tired as he was working and didn't realize till a bit later that I was at the window.

In the morning I looked out at the window and the car was back confused

Fk! I thought. The must live locally. It had been toying with reporting this and then just as we were leaving the police had turned up saying that the man had been arrested and that the woman had called them and it was a neighbour that could have reported it.

I have delayed giving a statement because I am scared that this animal lives close by.

I have actually campaigned for women's rights, I support Refuge. I now I can't believe that I am umming and aring whether or not to give the statement. I said to the Detective that I am feisty enough to handle myself but alone with a baby on maternity leave......but I want to help prosecute the scumbag!!

What would you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now