Should I email?

(6 Posts)
MrsSnaplegs Wed 18-Sep-13 18:51:45

Just found out a work colleagues 14 yo daughter has been missing since last Thursday
He used to be my boss but haven't seen him for a couple of years even though we work for same company but now in different locations overseas
Had it confirmed by another friend that it is definitely his daughter so not a case of mistaken identity
Do I email work colleague and his wife at home email just to say "thinking of you both ....." Or is that a bit of an intrusion - I have their home email because of work not because we are close friends although I have known them for about 15 yrs
WWYD?

Helpyourself Wed 18-Sep-13 18:59:46

I wouldn't, only because they'll be like cats on hot bricks checking all the time. If they'd been bereaved or the child was ill I'd say yes.

MrsSnaplegs Wed 18-Sep-13 19:02:00

That's what I was thinking as well
Also don't wont to seem as if I'm intruding on their awful situation but also want them to know people are thinking of them

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Wed 18-Sep-13 19:02:10

Agree with Help.

I am sure they'll have enough close friends and family around them at a time like this.

MrsSnaplegs Wed 18-Sep-13 19:06:13

Thanks - will hold off then and keep praying for her safe return

MrsSnaplegs Tue 24-Sep-13 11:34:14

Thankfully she has now been found safe and well grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now