If you knew two colleagues were having an affair?

(30 Posts)
showtunesgirl Sun 15-Sep-13 20:44:48

Right so I know for certain that two colleagues of mine are having an affair. She is single but he is not and has just come back from a romantic holiday with his live in girlfriend. hmm

How on earth do I go about pretending that I don't know and continue work as normal?

showtunesgirl Sun 15-Sep-13 21:41:25

Well yes, the Head of Department that oversees all of us would listen to him regarding appraisals etc but I don't think he would be saying anything bad about me as I good at what I do there. Also there's little chance of promotion as it's a very, very small company. From their emails, I gather she is looking to go in about six months anyway so I guess I will just ride it out til then!

We have one HR lady and to be honest, I don't want to raise it with her as she will no doubt raise it with the Head of Department.

showtunesgirl Sun 15-Sep-13 21:41:58

I preferred: It's none of your unisex resonantly. grin

Idespair Sun 15-Sep-13 21:47:15

It's very common (but disgraceful). Shameful behaviour from both of them, him obviously cheating on his wife and her showing a complete lack of humanity.

1) Do you know the man's wife - are you friends with her?

2) re you worrying about your main boss - if they are legitimately away on business and are shagging each other whilst away, that isn't actually costing the company money or time. Presuming that the co will have paid for hotel/meals anyway and they will not be at it during business hours. So have you any reason to think that they are abusing company money/time?

If no to both, you don't need to feel conflicted in completely ignoring this affair.

showtunesgirl Sun 15-Sep-13 21:51:34

1) No, I don't know his girlfriend.

2) Sorry I don't think I was clear. I am saying that he can use the excuse of: Oh I'm away on business to his girlfriend to then go and shag the girl from work in a hotel. I know about the hotel stuff as that's the email that I stumbled upon on the company emails!

showtunesgirl Sun 15-Sep-13 21:52:01

And I know this happens but I'm still sad at how common this seems to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now