3 members of house vomiting, party Saturday, cancel or no?

(9 Posts)
Lurkymclurker Fri 13-Sep-13 04:16:12

Alas, after a full recovery today by the 3 of us, dp has spent all night being ill - looking like party but no food at the minute.

Will start the phone calls in the morning and then decide for definitely on Saturday.

At least dd is too young to understand!

LeaningTowerOfGaffney Wed 11-Sep-13 15:29:40

grin

Best leave gran out of the catering for Saturday, eh?

WhatHo Wed 11-Sep-13 14:50:19

the dog has now been sick - yay

only on MN grin grin

Lurkymclurker Wed 11-Sep-13 14:48:38

Update - the dog has now been sick - therefore it must have been the lamb gran served up on Monday - the party can go ahead yay smile

Lurkymclurker Wed 11-Sep-13 14:06:44

Thank you smile I've already disinfected the whole kitchen floor, surfaces and doors, am hoping Dd is the last one and that dp doesn't get it.

Am holding off telling mil as she will not only want a blow by blow account but will also ask for a description bleurgh

Oh and she will panic lol

TheContrastofWhiteonWhite Wed 11-Sep-13 14:02:39

As long as you are all clear of vomiting for 48 hours before the party and give things a good clean, I wouldn't cancel.

We had a vomiting bug a few weeks ago. Really wiped us all out afterwards though, so do makes sure you have the energy for the party too.

TarkaTheOtter Wed 11-Sep-13 13:59:57

Oh and leave food prep til 48hrs since last vomiting/diarrhea.

TarkaTheOtter Wed 11-Sep-13 13:59:05

Most sickness bugs last 24-48hrs tops so I wouldn't cancel. Get the dettol out though and wipe down door handles etc.

Lurkymclurker Wed 11-Sep-13 13:55:53

As it says on the tin, I was sick this morning (around 3am) but am feeling a lot better now and have eaten.

My gran has been sick several times this morning but not since 11am.

Dd 2 on Saturday, was sick at 1:00 and is now sleeping.

We have 13 guests (1 child others adults) coming to out house Saturday pm for a party where I planned to make a cake and food.

Would you go ahead?
Cancel altogether?
Make alternative food arrangements?
Move location (although not sure where without putting family out)

Haven't had chance to talk to oh yet although he is fine and at work so hopefully it's limited to us.

Come on wisdom of mumsnet smile wwyd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now