Is it ok for a 7 year old to sit in front seat of the car (on a booster seat)?

(10 Posts)
Malsmum Wed 11-Sep-13 12:15:08

that's great, thanks everyone - good advice about moving the seat right back, and yes, thanks Steppemum, I'll put one of mine in the front to avoid any problems with other mums! smile

steppemum Wed 11-Sep-13 12:10:34

actually the air bag is an issue. That is why seat furthest back and you use a booster seat.

small child (or adult) can be seriously injured by airbag if they are too short.

We do it, on a booster, seat well back, airbag isn't disabled. If it isn't my child, I always put my child in the front, in case other mum isn't happy

squeaver Wed 11-Sep-13 12:06:26

I thought the advice was to disable the airbag..?

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Wed 11-Sep-13 12:04:27

My ds is 7 and sits in the front with a booster seat.

ginmakesitallok Wed 11-Sep-13 12:03:13

An airbag isn't an issue if its not a rear facing car seat

LifeofPo Wed 11-Sep-13 11:31:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoComet Wed 11-Sep-13 11:30:25

I always did, seat back as far as you can. Swap DCs in back for best fit.

By that sort of age a child on a boasters head comes to about the same hight as a small adults. Our front seat-belts actually fit better as they can be lowered and the back ones don't.

bundaberg Wed 11-Sep-13 11:16:40

yes it's fine. move the seat as far back as you can (leaving legroom for the one behind obv!

ihatethecold Wed 11-Sep-13 11:16:20

Yes, i used to when they were that age.

Malsmum Wed 11-Sep-13 11:15:11

My two boys (6 and nearly 8) always sit in the back, in their booster seats. In a few weeks, I'll need to take 3 kids on a short journey (just a couple of miles, in town, no motorways etc) and can't really fit 3 booster seats in the back.

Is it ok for one to go in the front on a booster seat, I can't decide? Do you do it?

Thank you lovely mumsnetters for your help?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now