You are the only people who can help me with this!!!! lol

(17 Posts)
Gillybean73 Tue 10-Sep-13 22:27:13

I am a size 18 and have been invited to boldly go where I've never been before and will no doubt ever go again - a Star Trek themed party this Saturday evening! shock
I've searched online for something suitable and the only things coming up are £40-£50 and wouldn't fit me anyway! The women's outfits are like size 6-12 blush
Is anyone out there good at thinking outside the box as to who/what I can dress up as? I don't want to do something obvious like buy a set of pointy ears and go as Mr Spock. I would love to do something humorous if possible, in a spoof/piss take kinda way but I've been racking my brains and getting nowhere. AAaaaarrrrrggghhh!!! Please help!!

Toohottohandle Wed 11-Sep-13 12:08:01

Asteriod

caramelwaffle Wed 11-Sep-13 12:19:21

Where a dress similar to this one plus black tights, knee high boots, a bluetooth earpiece and a shortish black wig and go as Uhuru

Uhuru

PeterParkerSays Wed 11-Sep-13 12:26:07

There is the standard "captain's log" (long brown tube of material) joke outfit for Star Trek parties, or could you go as the space ship, with a disc of cardboard on your front and back with its fins as your feet?

caramelwaffle Wed 11-Sep-13 12:26:17

Or this dress in size 18

caramelwaffle Wed 11-Sep-13 12:27:02

Oh. I love that! "Captains log"

daftdame Wed 11-Sep-13 12:29:02

What about dressing up as one of the aliens? Anything would go.

daftdame Wed 11-Sep-13 12:31:16

If you have anything at all hairy that you could drape around yourself, you could go as a tribble. (Very popular humorous episode.)

zaphod Wed 11-Sep-13 12:33:34

All you'd need is green or blue face paint for that alien woman in the title sequences, and a flowy chiffon scarf. I suggest blue cos green is hard to wash off.

Gillybean73 Thu 12-Sep-13 19:39:16

Thanks Ladies, all great ideas. I had a blinding flash of inspiration this morning and have decided to go as 'Star Shrek' , I've ordered green face paint, and orange hair dye plus a set of Shrek ears online. Praying it all arrives in time for Saturday and Princess Fiona shall boldly go where I've never gone before, although zaphod has me decidedly worried now.......does green really not wash off??? shock

I went to one as the green woman from the opening credits of the old Star Trek, here. Green does not come off. Three baths at 3am the night of the party and I was picking green out of my orifices for weeks.

BillyGoatintheBuff Fri 13-Sep-13 02:56:48

Green face paint is the worst to get off!!

daftdame Fri 13-Sep-13 11:42:41

You can mix the face paint with a little baby lotion to make it easier to remove.

Pickle131 Fri 13-Sep-13 19:40:20

If you change your mind I think I would cut arm and leg holes into a cardboard box and go as the Borg Cube!

Gillybean73 Sat 14-Sep-13 01:09:49

Lol lol lol, can't even use the green tinge to throw a sickie from work as I'm the boss!! grin

caramelwaffle Sat 14-Sep-13 23:34:06

Hope you are having a good time.

What did you go as?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now