I have been reading a blog

(3 Posts)
bzoo Sat 07-Sep-13 11:19:25

Been following a lady who is now experiencing awful treatment in a hospital by a nurse. How is this acceptable in this day and age?

Really hope this lady is able to recover in a dignified way with the help and support of others in the hospital. It's made me very sad for her and others this nurse is supposed to be helping.

See what you think https://sobadass.wordpress.com/category/blog/

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sun 08-Sep-13 21:45:05

I just read it and yes, that fits with my experiences very nearly. And my sisters, who had a stoma & v similar nursing care. It's hideous and soul destroying, makes you feel less than human.

The trouble is that one nurse like that can destroy a persons self esteem and whole hospital experience - its not like one nice amazing kind nurse can wipe away the damage that a cruel sadistic nurse can do.

Poor lady.

SalvatoreGirl Mon 09-Sep-13 17:33:28

Dh has a stoma and was in intensive care for 3 weeks following the surgery. His bag leaked and one comment from the male intensive care nurse was that he was fed up cleaning up all this sh!t - as if DH could help it, he couldn't move and was on a respirator, drugged up to the eyeballs struggling to breathe.
Needless to say I didn't hear him say it or I would have wiped the floor with him - if they had been checking the bag it wouldn't have happened.
There were about 20 nurses on the IC ward and all but 3/4 were very caring, good nurses, shame about the minority though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now