Noisy teenage party a few doors down ... at what point is enough enough?

(19 Posts)
holidaybug Mon 02-Sep-13 20:47:41

The party died down eventually but they did cause hassle with some of the neighbours - ringing doorbells in the night and generally being a nuisance - and the police were called a couple of times.

I'm not against teens having a party but it can become out of hand if there is no one around to supervise what is going on.

SilverApples Mon 02-Sep-13 15:29:10

Well, I hope the OP was reasonable. That way she can expect the teens to be reasonable when they are having a lie-in and all the young children are shrieking and squeaking and wailing of a morning. grin

dontwanttobefatandforty Mon 02-Sep-13 15:05:49

I think some teens do get a bad time, what time did the party end?

rubyrubyruby Mon 02-Sep-13 15:03:08

Obviously all quietened down.

Poor bloody teens - people think life revolves around their precious little ones. Pisses me right off tbh.

SilverApples Sat 31-Aug-13 23:33:28

So, are your young children still awake? Mine used to sleep like the dead, to the point where I'd go in and check their breathing. smile

rubyrubyruby Sat 31-Aug-13 23:04:06

It's not that late.
Let them party

NoComet Sat 31-Aug-13 23:02:29

1am it's the last Sat night of the holidays.

FunInTheSunD Sat 31-Aug-13 22:58:54

holidaybug... what area are you? we've gone out and left the kids tonight, so I'm hoping your not my neighbourshock shock

if so... we'll be back by one any the party Will be over by 12...

TheOriginalSteamingNit Sat 31-Aug-13 22:51:54

Dd had a party last night, we went out for a bit but back by 10, and I started making them all come inside and turn music down quieter at 11 just based on the fact that's what pubs in residential areas do!

They werent entirely quiet after that, and they did keep going back out a bit, but I felt 11 was about reasonable to start at least trying!

dontwanttobefatandforty Sat 31-Aug-13 22:49:27

Just remember your children will one day be teens wanting parties, if it's a one off let them be

See if a big loud SSSHHHHSSSHHHHHSSSHHHHHH during a break in the singing helps?

We threw snow balls over the fence when our noisy neighbours had a loud winter hot tub party, you could use, er.... Pasta?

holidaybug Sat 31-Aug-13 22:45:58

They are now singing badly along to one of the records at the top of their voices - this is painful!

holidaybug Sat 31-Aug-13 22:44:55

I always wonder where the parents are when these things are going on or whether they are out and completely unaware or complicit?

I am such a grumpy old bag and would really want to go round and tell them to turn it down fuck off and go to bed

I have Brownstock festival on my door step tonight so the doors and windows are firmly closed.

1am for a house party imo

SilverApples Sat 31-Aug-13 22:42:39

I'd give then til midnight and then ask them to turn down the noise, it's a Saturday night in the summer and the last weekend before school begins again.

holidaybug Sat 31-Aug-13 22:41:55

I will try to ignore it - there are a few houses nearer to the action than me so I will rely on them to go round I think!

UniqueUsername Sat 31-Aug-13 22:41:33

At only a bit past half ten on a saturday night yes you have to ignore.

But I do feel for you, I'd be very unimpressed.

dopeysheep Sat 31-Aug-13 22:40:56

I probably would ignore it yes unless it was terrible or happened a lot. It isn't that late yet really.

holidaybug Sat 31-Aug-13 22:38:40

There's a really rowdy party going on a few doors down. Kids had moved down near our house but have moved back. Loud music, shouting etc. I don't want to be a party pooper but I've young kids as do many people round here. Would you ignore it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now