Holiday alone with the DCs - abroad or home??

(9 Posts)

We came without DH and we have had a lovely time. DDs have been great and so responsible and well behaved. DH has joined is for the latter half of our break (had to drive back to Palma to get him but even that was ok). He is not a fan of the fly and flop so we are thinking an all girls' holiday might be nice sometime in the future ;)

We came without DH and we have had a lovely time. DDs have been great and so responsible and well behaved. DH has joined is for the latter half of our break (had to drive back to Palma to get him but even that was ok). He is not a fan of the fly and flop so we are thinking an all girls' holiday might be nice sometime in the future ;)

aliciaflorrick Thu 08-Aug-13 09:51:27

I went to Turkey alone a couple of weeks ago with just my DCs aged 10 and 8. We had a brilliant time. I'd say go and get some sunshine.

CaptainSweatPants Thu 08-Aug-13 09:47:18

Ask someone to go with you? Friends with similar age kids , your parents, his parents, any siblings on either side you get on with ?

You are right, Countrymummy, they aren't toddlers. We will be fine and DH will learn a lesson.

countrymummy13 Wed 07-Aug-13 16:54:30

When I read your title I thought you were going to say you had toddlers!

I'd definitely go.

And you never know, DH might just be being a drama queen and he'll change his mind nearer the time.

I think you're right, Nevercan. I am a bit weary atm and can't picture it, IYKWIM, but I'm sure it will be fine

Nevercan Tue 06-Aug-13 13:26:55

I would go abroad! They are old enough to help and you can all have a mini adventure grin

I am in a quandary.

I booked flights for the family to Spain about a month ago. Haven't booked accommodation yet. Now DH is saying he can't afford to go and has to work (he's self-employed). To say I'm unimpressed is an understatement, but his crapness with money/planning/lack to transparency is another thread entirely).

Should I go with the DCs (two of them, age 10 and 11) or lose the flight money (£400) and stay closer to home. I don't know what to do - it's a lot to take on by myself (I am about to book an apartment and I'd have to hire a car to get us there) but it would be annoying to lose the cash, especially if the weather is crap here. Help please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now