council housing

(11 Posts)
HeySoulSister Tue 06-Aug-13 20:04:31

Wait op.... I might be able to help!!! Do you have a gas fire in your living room??

kinkyfuckery Tue 06-Aug-13 19:05:11

You asked for advice, I suggested you use your living room as a bedroom - not permanently, but just to make it more liveable for you whilst you await to be given your bigger house that you're so desperate for.

I could have said "keep you legs closed and stop spawning kids you don't have the space for" but I didn't think that would be helpful wink

kristalx0x0 Tue 06-Aug-13 18:43:59

I'm not even gonna answer "why have kids".. Why's the sky blue? Anyway I don't need anyones advice anymore thanks your all judgemental idiots get off your high horses before you fall off, there are 250,000 familes in over crowded conditions should we round them all up and exterminate them?!.. Oh and my council says only extra living rooms are classed as bedroom, anyway not going to reply anymore.

kinkyfuckery Tue 06-Aug-13 18:19:54

Can you use living room as an extra bedroom for now?

HeySoulSister Tue 06-Aug-13 16:12:26

think op said on another thread she hadn't planned it

HystericalParoxysm Tue 06-Aug-13 14:30:32

Why get pregnant if you don't have space for another baby?

flossy101 Tue 06-Aug-13 13:39:39

Once baby is born and registered (ie you have birth certificate) is when it will count for over crowding purposes

HeySoulSister Tue 06-Aug-13 13:32:56

does your living room have a gas fire in it?

kristalx0x0 Tue 06-Aug-13 11:00:16

The thing is I don't want to appeal and just get turned down, I don't know where I can go to get help with this to make me case stronger... I'm sick of people moaning about bedroom tax paying £15 for extra bedrooms, I would happily pay this if it meant I could have more room, people say "just swap" I have been on every home swap site going and no one wants high rises or estates! Being both I stand no hope.

You need to ask for the review. If you don't ask, the answer is definitely no. If you do ask, you might get a yes.

Good luck.

kristalx0x0 Tue 06-Aug-13 10:02:34

Hello I'm new on this site and not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or if its even ok to post it? Don't want to offend anyone.

I am in a one bed council house, I have 2 children and am 12 weeks pregnant with number 3, I am on the housing list, have been since 2011, however I am in band c (the lowest) and I bid almost every week (as long as something is available) however I have never even been close. I looked at my councils allocations policy and it said a baby is classed as a person from 6 months of pregnancy, so I mentioned this to my council (as my council states 4 people to a one bed is over crowded, so surely when I reach 6 months of pregnancy that should be '4 people'?!) However the council has said that is wrong and that's not for priority purposes its for bidding purposes as in bidding for a bigger property, but then I was told by a seperate person fron the council that a baby can be added at any point?! And it states nowhere that a baby isn't counted till its born in there allocations but it does state the 6 months thing. I spoke to cab who told me to contact shelter so I did and they agreed that the council was fobbing me off and I should ask for a review, but I don't wanna ask for a review and just be told no, cos then that would be final. I know 3 months doesn't seem like a long time but the list on priority is still 18months-2 years so to me 3 months will make a difference! Can't be here for another 2 years I am on the top flor with no lifts also and its 6 flights of stairs up its a nightmare (not that they see an issue with that) what can I do I really need advice what does anyone else think? Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now