DH & toilet training DD2 - using toilets when out

(6 Posts)
YoniBottsBumgina Fri 02-Aug-13 14:49:31

Why is he using disabled toilets, anyway? Girls aren't going to come to any harm from going into the wrong gender toilet. I always take DS into the ladies, I expect you would if you had a DS, and think nothing of it.

YoniBottsBumgina Fri 02-Aug-13 14:47:39

Into the men's. He is a man.

Pozzled Fri 02-Aug-13 14:47:30

An adult with kids always goes into the correct toilets for the adult, so he would go into the gents.

I don't understand why you're asking really- surely he has had to take your DD1 many times?

scaevola Fri 02-Aug-13 14:40:54

He should use the cubicles in the Gents.

An adult male should not go into a Ladies (unless he's the cleaner and there is a sign warning that cleaners may be either sex).

NotJustMeThenX Fri 02-Aug-13 14:37:03

Potty?

Nassau Fri 02-Aug-13 12:31:25

Background: DH is off work today and has DD1(6) and DD2(3) at home. He is thinking about taking them both down to the Prom after DD1 gets out of summer camp to give them a runaround (yes, like puppies!). All good so far but DD2 is toilet training and could ask to go toilet 3 times in 10 mins (and wee (a lot) every time!). He would get her to go toilet before he leaves.

What Would You Do: DH doesn't mind if she is just in knickers or pull-up but if she does want to go toilet where would he take her? There are public loos on the Prom but should he go in the the Gents (with DD1 too) or into the Ladies as he has two little girls - we don't think there are any 'Disabled' toilets down there (which is what he would normally use if he was in a shopping centre with the girls). Can't really leave DD1 standing outside the loos.

So which loos? or put the pull-up on and tell her to do a wee in that (which she might or might not do) or would it set her back a bit. I can't remember what we did with DD1 in situations like this.

I'm no help as I'm in work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now